• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Ghostbuster said:

- First 10 win season

- Started longest streak of 30 points per game in the nation started (since beaten but was record at time)

- Responsible for Gulf Coast offense, 4th Qtr "swag", "Bay Made" mantra

- His last season was our first that we ended with Top 25 ranking 

- Left team in better place than he found it (we had another 10 won season after)

- Recruited (? I think) and developed the most recent bulls hall of Fame QB

I don't get the hate for trying to get paid while you can.  Look at Leavitt, how did his devotion to the team over the next gig (could have had Bama right?) work out for him?  Kicked to the curb when he didn't deliver the moon and a disgruntled player said some junk.

Just because he was offered Bama, doesn’t mean he would have been successful. I get your idea though

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Just because he was offered Bama, doesn’t mean he would have been successful. I get your idea though

Yeah I'm not saying Leavitt would be in Saban's position as the renown GOAT of college coaches, had he accepted Bama, I'm just saying employers don't care about you/show loyalty... so there's 0 reason to expect an employee to give something they aren't given in return.  *Especially* in college football where coaches are fired like it's going out of style.  (That LSU coach got fired what, 2 years at most after winning a natty?)

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Success is defined different ways.  When the word success was first used in this thread, it was regarding football success.  Then, the hyenas take the easy road and talk about his bazillions.  I think we all know the conversation wasn't about his bazillions. 

Everyone would love to be wildly overpaid for losing results in a contractual situation with an entity paying out other people's money.  I wish my profession had that kind of desperation!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Brad said:

This defines Willie, chasing the bag.  He'll not be remembered for winning anything of consequence, but he does have a lot of other peoples' money.  

Wasn’t Willie’s dream job FSU? I thought I heard something to that effect when he left Oregon so quickly. 

He said it was, just as he said coaching at USF would being him closer to home (after leaving his alma mater he loved) and right after going to Oregon gave him a chance to win a national championship.  He's had good reasons, but seems most of them spend well!  But again, we're talking about football success so he failed at his dream job too.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

Success is defined different ways.  When the word success was first used in this thread, it was regarding football success.  Then, the hyenas take the easy road and talk about his bazillions.  I think we all know the conversation wasn't about his bazillions. 

I don't know if my comment got missed but literally none of my points were about money and instead involved real football success that was not achieved until Taggs came along...

There was a twinkle of success...yes. But he left and that is the discussion...what success after his time here ("The guy was always looking for his next gig.")? The comment starting this (in parentheses) was his success after leaving USF.  None, except maybe at FAU, I haven't looked or heard anything.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

Yeah I'm not saying Leavitt would be in Saban's position as the renown GOAT of college coaches, had he accepted Bama, I'm just saying employers don't care about you/show loyalty... so there's 0 reason to expect an employee to give something they aren't given in return.  *Especially* in college football where coaches are fired like it's going out of style.  (That LSU coach got fired what, 2 years at most after winning a natty?)

I think there is a little more to that story...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Brad said:

He said it was, just as he said coaching at USF would being him closer to home (after leaving his alma mater he loved) and right after going to Oregon gave him a chance to win a national championship.  He's had good reasons, but seems most of them spend well!  But again, we're talking about football success so he failed at his dream job too.

I  am just saying we lucked out and didn't have the turnover murse at least... 

New Fsu Turnover Backpack Meme Memes | Florida State Memes, Football Memes, Purse  Memes

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I  am just saying we lucked out and didn't have the turnover murse at least... 

New Fsu Turnover Backpack Meme Memes | Florida State Memes, Football Memes, Purse  Memes

That is really key in life.  I feel like this is a solid take.

Edited by Rocky Style