• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

29 minutes ago, Bulls1181 said:

AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco on the state of college football: "The conversations at media days this year, I've noticed, have shifted almost entirely to marketing, branding and further realignment. Student-athlete well-being is rarely mentioned." "We are not the NFL."

Maybe not, but the P5(4)(3)(2) is headed there.  It's sad really.  The NFL's version of the minors, except with books!

Edited by MaltLiquorBull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

37 minutes ago, Bulls1181 said:
AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco just read out loud a college football state of the union letter that lasted 28 minutes and 54 seconds. He quoted Edward Murrow, spoke on realignment, NIL and the "potentially disastrous" repercussions of player unionization.

AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco on the state of college football: "The conversations at media days this year, I've noticed, have shifted almost entirely to marketing, branding and further realignment. Student-athlete well-being is rarely mentioned." "We are not the NFL."

I was wondering how many people there actually know who Edward R. Murrow was?  

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

If he ain't on TikTok...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

13 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Not going to lie, I had to Google him..  lol

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

46 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Maybe not, but the P5(4)(3)(2) is headed there.  It's sad really.  The NFL's version of the minors, except with books!

The thing what many are not saying is that college football has been messed up for a long time but for some reason the fans are already hooked. I stopped watching the college football post season years ago because it sucks. I have been more focused on USF now. Hopefully the college football system will finally blow up and make things better for all schools 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

Hell I am old and he died before I was born.  I had to google as well, appears Aresco I is running out of material.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I'm not a Scott hater because what we had and he got was bad but he needs to actually show show something this year and a lot. Game planning, in game adjustments, and coaching lol.

Recruiting needs to pickup and the program in general needs another level with the IPF and stadium.

You are spot on. He has lots to improve on and  NEEDS to prove something to earn his head coaching and wtf extension  . The new oc, new DC, Morris advising on the offense , and transfer talent are the positives for the offseason.  I

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Can we please start trying to remain on topic?  Even on this thread that I realize moves slow, then fast.

It is FREE to open a topic on anything.  Please do.

To just throw stuff on every thread is wrong.  Please help.  It's time to start practicing good message board rules as we approach the season.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Can we please start trying to remain on topic?  Even on this thread that I realize moves slow, then fast.

It is FREE to open a topic on anything.  Please do.

To just throw stuff on every thread is wrong.  Please help.  It's time to start practicing good message board rules as we approach the season.

Thank you.

Jeez. Was just about to post about subs being on sale at Publix. I guess I won't.  😃 

Promise that is the last off topic for now.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Jeez. Was just about to post about subs being on sale at Publix. I guess I won't.  😃 

Promise that is the last off topic for now.

You can probably find a rumor on Twitter that ties conference realignment & Publix subs being on sale tbh lol

• Haha 1