• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Hopefully just on the field ....

I think that ship sailed 

• Me no likey 1

23 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

I’ve been keeping a secret from you and the rest of the group. USF will be independent and get an automatic spot in the playoffs. Remember, you heard it here first! 😁

I knew you had that info CycleBull, thank you! 😀

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, Brad said:

A lot of fans are indicating or implying they know something.  Some have backed off.  There is absolutely no way Kelly or his staff would have such loose lips.  It would be stupid.  I think it is more jockeying to be able to point back they told everyone first.  

Uh, word gets out. Nate of TDS last year leaked the OCS news back before we played FAMU last year and it turned out to be true… not saying that’s the case here, but they are acting suspiciously cautious about something it seems. 

Edited by StPeteBull91

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Hopefully just on the field ....

31 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think that ship sailed 

Come on man, you're acting like they're ******* Alabama. Not saying we definitely will catch up to them on the field but we get the right coaching in here and there's no reason we can't go on a nice run ......... and to the peanut gallery, this isn't the thread to discuss whether CJS is that guy or not.

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

A lot of people have said a lot of things about a stadium for a long time.  That’s all I’m saying.  I have no idea what Nate said.  And I’m not calling him out.  I don’t know what he’s said but I did see his ACC tweet a few weeks ago.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, StPeteBull91 said:

Uh, word gets out. Nate of TDS last year leaked the OCS news back before we played FAMU last year and it turned out to be true… not saying that’s the case here, but they are acting suspiciously cautious about something it seems. 

Will Weatherford mentioned the OCS at the IPF groundbreaking last September a couple of days before the UF game, which was a week before the FAMU game.

i don’t recall seeing anything on social media prior to Weatherford’s announcement.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Will Weatherford mentioned the OCS at the IPF groundbreaking last September a couple of days before the UF game, which was a week before the FAMU game.

i don’t recall seeing anything on social media prior to Weatherford’s announcement.

But of all the podcasts that discussed having watched the press conference they were probably one of the first, at least top 10

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Come on man, you're acting like they're ******* Alabama. Not saying we definitely will catch up to them on the field but we get the right coaching in here and there's no reason we can't go on a nice run ......... and to the peanut gallery, this isn't the thread to discuss whether CJS is that guy or not.

Relative to conference, $, administrative decision making, and legitimately catching them, it will take years. I really don’t care about them but they are long gone. It will take longer than many on this board have the time for. But, if this pie in the sky ACC talk comes through (which I highly doubt), then maybe. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

My God, some of you on this board are acting exactly like many on their fan base acted when we went to Big East. Yes they are doing better than us on the field and in conference affiliation, but they aren’t Alabama neither are they in the SEC. Reality was and is that our schools are very much alike and I’m pretty sure that within 5-10 years we will be in same or similar conferences and they are one bad coaching hire from being down again. Everything goes in cycles all you have to look at better programs like Florida, FSU and UM to realize that.

So you can cry about the past,but you can’t change it,all you can do is focus on improving the present that will impact our future.

Enough of this poor pity us, they have passed us by and we aren’t catching them BS. 

I’m certainly not crying about the past (It’s my belief that we have way too many people on this board living in the past), I am more worried about the current situation and I am extremely worried about the future. I guess we will find out and be next 10 years what happens. I’m hoping for the best, or at least send degree of evidence that we have a chance to be in a better conference.

• Upvote 1