• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

At some point in life you have to recognize your business model does not work

Which I think is a fair point. The problem that you, and others, fail to recognize is that USF football is not a business

n. any activity or enterprise entered into for profit.

The definition of business is an occupation or trade and the purchase and sale of products or services to make a profit.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Which I think is a fair point. The problem that you, and others, fail to recognize is that USF football is not a business

n. any activity or enterprise entered into for profit.

The definition of business is an occupation or trade and the purchase and sale of products or services to make a profit.

Everything in life is a business and the only people that believe theirs is not are the people that are failing at it. USF is a major business and it gets that entirely which is why our endowment grows, the place looks more palatial every year, we get more selective and our ratings continue to move up.
Usf athletics is a loser simply because it isn’t prioritized and no one has stepped foot on campus in a long time with an actual plan on how we change the trajectory. We have customers, we have a product and we are in a sector that is becoming more and more monetized, there are clearly defined measurables of success and plenty of other people have not only figured out how to make into a business but actually make a quite lucrative one.
If we want to have a charity we probably should have picked a better cause but even with the most noble of charities there are clear winners and losers and ultimately the best way to make sure you get to impact the most people and spread all that silly good will is by staying in the black. Instead we attempt to guilt people into a constant increase of funding that never seems to quite pay off and you endlessly squander, I can assure you at some point that well runs dry far more surely than all independents go bust except for the endless list of times it didn’t happen.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

49 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Why would a big fish want to make less $? 

from what i saw googling notre dame just gets $15 million from NBC for their home games. Thinking $40 million and complete freedom to leave whenever may be enticing

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Correct, the religious perspective is more to do with BYU. They have won a national championship and have a national brand and national following. Notre Dame has the best of both worlds, many like the team and many like the religious affiliation. Army…no one really cares until the Army Navy game. In the end we have no brand and no great following of fans…except us on this board and a few thousand more. 

Doesn’t Army have better viewership than many p5 programs and most if not all g5 programs? The turned down an invite to the Big12 when the conference was strong.  I think they have a pretty solid following.

Edited by I like GOOOOLD (and green)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Will there be teams in the B12 that will choose independent status before they would join the AAC?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

44 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So at what point along the road map to solvency for Usf in the aac move from pipe dream to impossible? Never? For what reason is this held by you as the best shot of success no matter how long it is pursued and how long it fails? At some point in life you have to recognize your business model does not work and rather than never endingly tweaking things that don’t move the needle you have to pivot your model overall, that doesn’t have to be today, it doesn’t have to be tomorrow and it may not be in the next two years but there has to be a line drawn where you can’t just continue doing things the same way because of faith unless we want to go the religious model which is actually then aligned with a greater path towards success as an independent.

The AAC option for sure is not ideal but the independent idea is catastrophic toward the university. Thus, the AAC is the best option. Why would I want to pivot to an idea that would surely fail on a massive scale??? (Which I have already explained why) The only pivot that is legitimate is that we move to a vastly water downed Big12. In terms of a religious model, that can’t really be applied to a state school sitting in Florida at this point. Personally I will drop all of my support from the university if they went the “god” route. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

Doesn’t Army have better viewership than many p5 programs and most if not all g5 programs? The turned down an invite to the Big12 when the conference was strong.  I think they have a pretty solid following.

But the noble trips and neb have said it’s impossible to be independent and surely they are noble men. They hath said Pucs plan is ambitious and if this is so it is a grievous fault and grievously we will answer for it.

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Will there be teams in the B12 that will choose independent status before they would join the AAC?

Not if they want to be in the playoffs.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I have heard that but there is no evidence. All people care about is Army vs Navy. Indeed, most of Army’s games are on CBSSports Network which has limited viewership.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

But the noble trips and neb have said it’s impossible to be independent and surely they are noble men. They hath said Pucs plan is ambitious and if this is so it is a grievous fault and grievously we will answer for it.

Independence would sink the Bulls football team and ruin any chance of other squads like WBB, tennis, soccer from accomplishing anything of significance.