• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I like the idea.  But have the three A5s, Big 12 and AAC form a CFB Division that prides itself on competition, integrity, education and truth.  Allow the SEC to do its professional football thing and be done with them.  

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

BYU just signed a home and home with Miami.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Who do we think those 4 would be?

Just our luck it would be UCF, Cincinnati, Memphis, and that fourth spot would be a shoot out for Boise/BYU/USF.

If they added 6 teams, I would feel more comfortable.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

27 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Just our luck it would be UCF, Cincinnati, Memphis, and that fourth spot would be a shoot out for Boise/BYU/USF.

If they added 6 teams, I would feel more comfortable.

Memphis and Boise will have to explain their community college academics. Don’t forget Presidents have the vote. Cincy is as good as in. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Memphis and Boise will have to explain their community college academics. Don’t forget Presidents have the vote. Cincy is as good as in. 

Only thing here is when it is about survival, some throw caution to the wind and make rash decisions to keep their head above water.  I agree with Cincy however the rest of us are pimping ourselves out and I have always thought we are a package deal like you with c, together we have some appeal, market and proximity but singular in that geographic not so much. 

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Only thing here is when it is about survival, some throw caution to the wind and make rash decisions to keep their head above water.  I agree with Cincy however the rest of us are pimping ourselves out and I have always thought we are a package deal like you with c, together we have some appeal, market and proximity but singular in that geographic not so much. 

Absolutely…just ask WVU. They complained about their island away from others most of the years they were in the Big12. I get your point about survival status but Memphis and Boise would always have a competitive advantage over Baylor, TCU, and others in the conference due to their ****** academics. I could be wrong, but I think some of the Big12 schools will have a problem with that. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

32 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Absolutely…just ask WVU. They complained about their island away from others most of the years they were in the Big12. I get your point about survival status but Memphis and Boise would always have a competitive advantage over Baylor, TCU, and others in the conference due to their ****** academics. I could be wrong, but I think some of the Big12 schools will have a problem with that. 

I love to debate and would call you out but on this topic I have nothing but conjecture and BS and it all kind of blends together so I will concede.  But this whole thread is bs as well so I still believe Jackson state is going to the SEC and it will be sweetness. 

19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I love to debate and would call you out but on this topic I have nothing but conjecture and BS and it all kind of blends together so I will concede.  But this whole thread is bs as well so I still believe Jackson state is going to the SEC and it will be sweetness. 

Jackson State vs Bama each October…sounds almost orgasmic…

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433

Was the football Big East (R.I.P.) that much better of a conference than a potential current Big 12 with Cincy, USF, and ucf? Don't think so and that was BCS conference so...

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588

10 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Was the football Big East (R.I.P.) that much better of a conference than a potential current Big 12 with Cincy, USF, and ucf? Don't think so and that was BCS conference so...

Pitt, WVU,  Syracuse all had national championships in football in the past. UL had basketball. Rutgers was, Rutgers.

The only team in our current conference is UCF and their “NaTiOnAl ChAmPiOnShIp”