• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

7 hours ago, Skingraft said:

this guy got it

Is that Rick Pitino?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Triple B said:

Considering you've provided no evidence yet to contradict it, myopic or not, it's the truth ..

The evidence has been presented by others and referenced in other threads as well as this one, its right in front of your face.  You choose to not acknowledge it, I choose to not be redundant and give credit to the guys to the east just to point out how wrong you are if you think its just 1 year of fb success.  It's a lose-lose situation for me.  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/31/2018 at 1:51 PM, ECUshoein said:

It was supposed to be about what we can do to elevate notoriety, since if they can do it, we should be able to as well.  

Which "we" are you speaking of?

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2018 at 7:51 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Dude if your looking for us to say ucf is better or for us to respect them then you need to get the hell off this board. 

ECU fans never fail to disappoint do they?  While I think this guy is somewhat lacking the vitriol of the typical Pirate fan which likes to berate our program (and university) as inferior to their's , he is using a new tactic.  He has decided to praise another team we do not care for.  

Edited by Mission9
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

ECU fans never fail to disappoint do they?  While I think this guy is somewhat lacking the vitriol of the typical Pirate fan which likes to berate our program (and university) as inferior to their's , he is using a new tactic.  He has decided to praise another team we do not care for.  

Two garbage teams that we used to embarrass on the regular and now we embarrassingly have to be in a conference with both of them 🤢 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If it makes everyone feel better, when he and his buddies sit around drinking, they have to talk about Skip Holtz and whether he’d be on the ECU football Mount Rushmore.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

14 minutes ago, JTrue said:

If it makes everyone feel better, when he and his buddies sit around drinking, they have to talk about Skip Holtz and whether he’d be on the ECU football Mount Rushmore.

Nothing says same level quite like hiring alway someone else’s coach just to then throw them away like the piece of trash that they are.

UCF and ECU fans have had a special kind of dislike for the fact that USF had the audacity to field a football program. I cannot think of any other team's fans which hold that view.  The UCF dislike does not surprise anyone.  The ECU contempt is the one which is puzzling.  It started back in 2002 when we beat them for the first time.  I think hiring Skippy did increase the dislike a little but there was already plenty of hatred being thrown our way. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

UCF and ECU fans have had a special kind of dislike for the fact that USF had the audacity to field a football program. I cannot think of any other team's fans which hold that view.  The UCF dislike does not surprise anyone.  The ECU contempt is the one which is puzzling.  It started back in 2002 when we beat them for the first time.  I think hiring Skippy did increase the dislike a little but there was already plenty of hatred being thrown our way. 

Back when ECU arrived on the scene and showed success in the late 1980s their teams were full of Florida recruits. Now that there are so many D1 schools in Florida they no longer have that advantage. That too pissed them off. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Back when ECU arrived on the scene and showed success in the late 1980s their teams were full of Florida recruits. Now that there are so many D1 schools in Florida they no longer have that advantage. That too pissed them off. 

Makes sense. I have never seen that mentioned but I should have thought of that.  They had some pretty good teams then and through the 90s.  I think the 1991 team got the shaft and should have been in a better bowl.  I guess I am different in that I would not be pissed, I would  hope that those in charge simply worked harder to land the players needed to sustain winning.