• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We never had the power to block them from getting into the Big East by ourselves.  That narrative is still ridiculous 

This is correct.

We need to stop the whole package deal garbage... We will only see ourselves on the outside looking in.

We need to make USF a strong stand-alone product (like we were before).

I still feel that our administration is doing a terrible job with attendance and city/fan support (especially compared to UCF).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Bear said:

We need to stop the whole package deal garbage... We will only see ourselves on the outside looking in.

I still feel that our administration is doing a terrible job with attendance and city/fan support (especially compared to UCF).

I completely agree Bear. I would love to see the administrations strategic plan, if they have one, in making this happen. They need to go beyond media campaigns and price deals and get feet on the ground to make the case to all communities (frats, Tampa citizens, corporate, etc.). This is cultural issue that needs to be changed. Now, maybe they are indeed doing some of this however, it is not working so the message and process needs to change. The lack of attendance will hurt us for better bowls and more importantly moving into a better conference. Thus, this needs to be job 1 in my opinion by Harlan and others on campus. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, Bear said:

The rivalries with FSU helped UF out, so did the FSU rivalry with UM/UF. Every team needs a good rival. 

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The rivalries with FSU helped UF out, so did the FSU rivalry with UM/UF. Every team needs a good rival. 

I don't get your point... Who said anything about NOT having a rivalry?

Also, FSU and UF are not in the same conference.

I wouldn't mind USF being in the P5; but still playing UCF (in the G5) every year; However, my biggest fear is for it to be vice versa.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Get WVU back on the the schedule, maybe Pitt just not Rutgers 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

37 minutes ago, Bear said:

We we NEVER a strong stand-alone product. We were inviteed to the BE based on our potential to become one. We didn't. So we got relegated. Deal with it.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, Bear said:

I don't get your point... Who said anything about NOT having a rivalry?

Also, FSU and UF are not in the same conference.

I wouldn't mind USF being in the P5; but still playing UCF (in the G5) every year; However, my biggest fear is for it to be vice versa.

Ok, but the rivalry sucks if one of us are in a P5 and the other in a G6. Rivalry's are best when both teams are good and are on an equal playing field. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I'd prefer this kind of begging be done behind closed doors and not make it some kind of ******** media event ...

Doing it behind closed doors doesn't get him re-elected. Which is what this is all about, after all.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, charsibb said:

We we NEVER a strong stand-alone product. We were inviteed to the BE based on our potential to become one. We didn't. So we got relegated. Deal with it.

I guess you could say that about Cincinnati and UConn as well from a strong stand-alone product.