• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

20 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

From what I have been told, by people in the know, the USF presentation to the Big 12 was considered the "best" of those presented by all the other schools.

If membership was based solely on the presentation, USF would have been one of those selected.

This is actually important IMO (assuming it is true).  They did not expand but if we made a strong case that can rattle around in the back of their heads over time.  The Black Friday game was also a huge help for both programs and it didn't matter who won.  

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

What we need is for TCU to upset OU this weekend. This will make it possible for the B12 to be left out of the playoff. That will start the ball rolling about B12 expansion.

As for any other accomplishments while existing as a non-p5, I'll give it all up to be in a P5. This season has shown me that there's only one goal for USF: get into a P5!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

What we need is for TCU to upset OU this weekend. This will make it possible for the B12 to be left out of the playoff. That will start the ball rolling about B12 expansion.

As for any other accomplishments while existing as a non-p5, I'll give it all up to be in a P5. This season has shown me that there's only one goal for USF: get into a P5!

I am all for a TCU win because the popularity contest only allows OU and Texas in from the B12.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

The Big 12 is foolish not to take USF&UCF.

If Oklahoma has one slip up; Big12 misses the CFP again. You know they want Alabama back in the mix; and they are finding every excuse to keep Ohio State around. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Bear said:

The Big 12 is foolish not to take USF&UCF.

If Oklahoma has one slip up; Big12 misses the CFP again. You know they want Alabama back in the mix; and they are finding every excuse to keep Ohio State around. 

Yes the same teams must be in the playoffs every single year.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 11/30/2017 at 3:39 PM, Bull Dozer said:

Only pull in that conference is in Norman and Austin.......Well, mostly Austin....

You nailed it!

Norman Bates and Austin Powers!!!!

"My mother likes the B12 baby!"

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/29/2017 at 7:41 PM, Mama_Bull said:

Tampa #13 is a bigger TV market than Orlando #19.

ONLY USF, FSU and UF are" preeminent" Universities in the state of Florida. UCF is NOT.

USF (#140) is also ranked 31 points better than UCF (#171) in USN&WR.

USF does about $500 million in research/yr and UCF only about $150 million/yr.

When we were in the Big East we averaged 45,000-50,000 every year in football. So we already have a multi-year track record of good attendance in a major conference. I believe only WVU drew better than USF in the BE. Our attendance compared to Pitt was, on average, about the same. The other BE teams were behind USF in attendance. That information was included in our presentation to the Big 12. So, they already know those facts

As for UCF, we have a better overall percentage of football wins and we were in a tougher conference.

We have won more bowl games than UCF and have a 6-3 record head to head.

Yes, they have won some "minor conference championships" and their one real claim to fame was beating Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl. 

However, we have much better wins over all including: Bowl win over Clemson, @Auburn, @FSU, @ Miami, @ND, Bowl win over South Carolina, and wins against WVU, Pitt, Louisville, TCU, UNC, NCST and many other current P5 teams.

If you compare our P5 wins to UCF there is no comparison.

Conference realignment as almost everything to do with football and very little to do with  basketball. If otherwise, UConn, Memphis and Cincy would now be in a P5 conference.

USF (#140) is also ranked 31 points better than UCF (#171) in USN&WR. - Most of the "knockdown" on that ranking has to do with student life on pure academics USF is actually higher. This is more a reflection that many students do not live on campus. Also USF has been going up the rankings while UCF has fallen the last 3 years.

As for UCF, we have a better overall percentage of football wins and we were in a tougher conference. USF has the highest winning percentage of schools in the AAC. Not sure this gives any respect, after all Illinois has the highest winning percentage of any basketball team not to win the NCAA title and most people do not consider it an elite program (they were 11th all time, last time I checked, about 5 years ago and higher than Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State).

Edited by Buller64

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,807

I think the Big 12 needs to expand because it protects Texas and Oklahoma from getting beat up every year during conference play.  BIg 12 is only conference that plays every team every year and that is tough.  Not to mention a Championship game that is repeat game.  Oklahoma and Texas should be in different divisions again to create that marquee matchup every year to assure them playoff access. Oklahoma lucked out this year from a down big 12 and other teams having one loss.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I think the Big 12 needs to expand because it protects Texas and Oklahoma from getting beat up every year during conference play.  BIg 12 is only conference that plays every team every year and that is tough.  Not to mention a Championship game that is repeat game.  Oklahoma and Texas should be in different divisions again to create that marquee matchup every year to assure them playoff access. Oklahoma lucked out this year from a down big 12 and other teams having one loss.

If we can’t bring $22 million a year to the Conference  it’s a moot point. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,807

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If we can’t bring $22 million to Conference  it’s a moot point. 

Well with the WAr on I-4 viewership I would say we are closing the Gap.