• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

14 minutes ago, Dogma said:

Houston will get pretty screwed if expansion doesn't happen, or they don't get selected.

I believe they've admitted that they have spent the money they have on coaches/facilities/upgrades/etc with the assumption that the will land B12 money soon to pay for it all.

Never a good idea to be presumptuous.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

The more and more the days go by, the more and more I'm starting to believe this was all a giant ruse to distract everyone from the Baylor situation. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, BurghBulltoo said:

the Big 12 Blogger was talking about Big 12 expansion ( or no BIg 12 expansion) to some Memphis Radio talk show.   The blogger said if the Big 12 does not expand, it makes the American a more attractive conference with Memphis being (in his eyes) the glammer team.

He also said that the P5 championship may become a  P4 champion if ESPN has their way (bye, bye Big 12)

2 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Now see? There's that media shining through again. Their local media looks at Memphis as a glamour team/program, regardless of what the rest of the non-FedEx nation thinks. Tampa media looks at the Bulls and sees a team ready for CUSA part II.

C Austin Cox isn't Memphis local media, is he?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I love this. It's like the writer forgot the mascot of UCF.

And I almost threw up a little when I heard this name: Chuck Neinas. He was the guy USF hired to land us Skip. And he used to be the Big 12 commishioner. He said he would pick Cincinnati and Houston. I agree with him when he says it's a mistake to go west (BYU) but from what I've heard WVU doesn't want Cincinnati.

.http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/what-if-the-big-12-had-chosen-louisville-over-west-virginia-during-realignment/

So...he owes us one.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Look, if the Big 12 is gonna flop around like this it's best to let them do what they're gonna do. Guaranteed rematch in their conference championship? OK! I'm sure nothing bad will come from that. Going to stay at 10 so when the inevitable happens and at least 2 bolt? Well everyone else gets to cling to whatever safety rafts are available or be delegated to the have-nots. Obviously outside of the money, I'm starting to like the American. The conference has some good destination cities and fine Universities. Football is starting to get to a place where most teams can hold their own. Just looks like more and more that we are destined for 4- 16 team conferences to rule major CFB. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

hmm, you're probably right but he's homered up for Memphis for a while. Thought he was either local or alum, but no apologies for the second part of my statement

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  180
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

nope writer for BCSNN. lives in North Richland Hills Texas near Ft Worth

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/what-if-the-big-12-had-chosen-louisville-over-west-virginia-during-realignment/

This time, expansion is an option. But once again, the question of what the right thing to do hangs in the air.

If the Big 12 expands, it will likely pick from a group of favorites that includes Houston, Cincinnati, UConn, BYU, South Florida and UCF. There is at least a 50 percent chance, though, the Big 12 does nothing and stands pat, CBS Sports has learned.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I love this. It's like the writer forgot the mascot of UCF.

And I almost threw up a little when I heard this name: Chuck Neinas. He was the guy USF hired to land us Skip. And he used to be the Big 12 commishioner. He said he would pick Cincinnati and Houston. I agree with him when he says it's a mistake to go west (BYU) but from what I've heard WVU doesn't want Cincinnati.

.http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/what-if-the-big-12-had-chosen-louisville-over-west-virginia-during-realignment/

What reason would WVU for that?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, BurghBulltoo said:

the Big 12 Blogger was talking about Big 12 expansion ( or no BIg 12 expansion) to some Memphis Radio talk show.   The blogger said if the Big 12 does not expand, it makes the American a more attractive conference with Memphis being (in his eyes) the glammer team.

He also said that the P5 championship may become a  P4 champion if ESPN has their way (bye, bye Big 12)

glam / informal 

adjective; 1. glamorous.  -  "a magician and his glam assistant"
noun; 1. glamour.  -  "sass, panache, and a dash of glam"
verb; 1. make oneself look glamorous.

It took me a while, but I reckon GLAMMER means the same as GLAMOROUSER or GLAMOROUSEST in Memphis?