• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

So I'm sitting there, on the Group W couch, watching ESPNU Big XII preview show and the topic of expansion rears its ugly head. Although other schools were mentioned by name, the closest we got was the nebulous 'florida footprint'. Houston, according to the exalted prognosticators would eat into / dilute an already crowded Texas recruiting market. BYU was mentioned but the LGBT stance isn't in keeping with the secular leanings of the non-championship game league. The 'florida footprint' was mentioned for recruiting purposes as the most palatable option. The 'back in our studio' guy said that the decision making process has no timeline, and could extend out to December. 

This benefits us greatly.  If USF can win AAC and secure a Cotton Bowl birth prior to decision, I truly believe that USF will be one of the 4 chosen (along with UCF, Cincinnati, and probably Houston.   

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

This benefits us greatly.  If USF can win AAC and secure a Cotton Bowl birth prior to decision, I truly believe that USF will be one of the 4 chosen (along with UCF, Cincinnati, and probably Houston.   

If we win the conference and the cotton bowl (and that is a big if), I don't see a reason why we wouldn't vault ahead of Cincy.  

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

15 hours ago, Gismo said:

USF, coach accused of being a meanie to a player, coach fired.

UCF, coach mistreatment of player directly responsible for players death, erects statue of coach. 

FIFY

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, NAM37 said:

There will be no "shocking" anyone.

They are going to pick Cinci and Houston. It seems like a done deal at this point.

It is pretty much set...

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

35 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

And if we can average 30 - 40k per game.

Hopefully, the basketball situation drastically improves... (although there are rumors that USF lost a TOP recruit)

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, TExpress said:

Sorry, had to do it....

image.gif

Careful now, if the Mouse sees this they'd be forced to photoshop your 4th finger back. Just ask Steven Tyler...

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2016/08/18/disney-world-digitally-alters-steven-tylers-shocking-hand-gesture-in-rock-n-rollercoaster/

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

I know people keep saying UCONN but this goes beyond football.  Olympic sports could not handle the travel to UCONN. It would be a nightmare.

So your saying that teams making $30 mill a season couldn't handle it, but teams making $2 million can?  Seems to me the AAC already travels between Texas, Oklahoma, and Connecticut.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Careful now, if the Mouse sees this they'd be forced to photoshop your 4th finger back. Just ask Steven Tyler...

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2016/08/18/disney-world-digitally-alters-steven-tylers-shocking-hand-gesture-in-rock-n-rollercoaster/

I think their issue is copyright infringement. Because, you know, it uses three fingers. Just like Mickey.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

So your saying that teams making $30 mill a season couldn't handle it, but teams making $2 million can?  Seems to me the AAC already travels between Texas, Oklahoma, and Connecticut.  

Its more than money. Its time for Athletes and other games in between.  Its geographically challenged.