• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I know I'm biased, but Memphis? FFS. There is just no god **** way they should get in. I can see Cincy. I can see BYU. Houston doesn't bring anything, but whatever, they're hot like Hansel right now. We have to be in the mix.

If it is not us then I can accept almost anyone but UCF and Memphis. UCF for obvious reasons, but Memphis for being a low class  academically and trying to whore their way in through Fedex. 

ont 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

'... whore their way in through Fedex. '

Let us not underestimate the value of whoring. This is a business / spread sheet / profit-loss statement / ROI venture, and as such, if there's more foldin' green from a FedEx interest than can be had from the Me Too crowd, a business decision will be made. 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

I never understood this whole FedEx bribe for the B12 to take Memphis. Its a publicly traded company, and it's doubtful that their board & shareholders would be happy about some nontrivial cut of their profits and dividends being diverted into a personal charity.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867

35 minutes ago, BullMSEE said:

I never understood this whole FedEx bribe for the B12 to take Memphis. Its a publicly traded company, and it's doubtful that their board & shareholders would be happy about some nontrivial cut of their profits and dividends being diverted into a personal charity.

It's mostly based on this: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/05/11/fedex-vows-major-big-12-sponsorship-boost-memphis-bid/84223350/

I guess they just want to do it as a branding thing.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

They apparently need 8 votes out of the 10 for a school to be added/rejected.

(1) Not all Texas schools want Houston. I think Houston is going to have a tough go at it, if WVU is not happy; WVU will just vote no for the hell of it.

(2) No way WVU wants BYU. And so there only needs to be two more schools to reject them. BYU by itself is just a geographical nightmare for even the Texas schools.

(3) Memphis... They aren't getting in!

(4) Cincy: I think they are in.

(5) This leaves the Florida schools as the two strong candidates after Cincy.

With back door deals, it will either be Cincy and one Florida school, or Cincy and Houston and the two Florida schools.

Mark it down!

If B12 expansion happens, USF has a strong shot of getting in. The B12 might fold like little kittens under the pressure of the TV networks "If you expand, we are sending some people over to break some legs!".

They've got to please the networks some what. Adding Houston gives the networks nothing. And with Houston, the Texas schools are going to be saturated in big Texas, as if it isn't already so. Houston is not a clean addition by any stretch.

It would be sweet if it were Cincy + Uconn + USF + ucf gnats.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The only reason Houston makes sense to the Texas schools , from what I understand, is strictly a UT and TTU political issue that benefits only those schools and not the conference.

Apparently, UT wants to open a branch in Houston and TTU a medical school in Houston and UH has veto power in their area. 

Those schools would make an agreement to let those schools open up if UH gets in. 

This is what I have heard and only thing that makes sense. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

One other thing. Everybody looks at why schools should get in. I think the negative reasons are more important.

BYU: No Sundays and out in the middle of nowhere, even for the Texas schools. And forget about it for WVU...

Houston: Texas saturation and more competition for the Texas schools. Don't need that when you can just say, "No!"

Memphis: They would be the academic weak link and what's the upside? Fedex and proximity? They couldn't even keep their football coach from escaping to a bigger payday...

Cincy: Yeah, Texas Tech and Toolberville... But there should be enough votes to get them in.

Q: What's there to dislike about the Florida schools? Okay, ucf sucks donkeys... But that's different.

And if you only choose one Florida school, that's just silliness. So, you have to expand by four and not two.

Even if B12 expansion only goes up by two, I think the two Florida schools get a really good look.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867

27 minutes ago, TimBulla said:

And if you only choose one Florida school, that's just silliness.

Why is it silly to only invite one?  

(Not being a jerk.. it's an honest question. I keep hearing this here and in the national media and I really don't understand the sentiment.)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

Why is it silly to only invite one?  

(Not being a jerk.. it's an honest question. I keep hearing this here and in the national media and I really don't understand the sentiment.)

I agree with you on this one...

Every candidate is making the case for themselves...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Let us not underestimate the value of whoring. This is a business / spread sheet / profit-loss statement / ROI venture, and as such, if there's more foldin' green from a FedEx interest than can be had from the Me Too crowd, a business decision will be made. 

67011540.jpg

• Upvote 2