• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

If we do go to the Big 12 I hope it is a very short stop over to the ACC much like the big east was a stop over for TCU. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

If we do go to the Big 12 I hope it is a very short stop over to the ACC much like the big east was a stop over for TCU. 

baaaahhhahahaha, thanks man, good one.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, namuh-bull said:

I still think there's a good chance they don't even expand.

Anything's possible, but since they've announced they will, and since ESPN might be trying to strongarm them to stay as is, I think there's too much pride at stake--they'll expand, even if only two teams this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, chrisdashley said:

I asked the homeless guy at 34th St S and 22nd Ave about who was getting into the big twelve. He said "balloon car". So I feel good right now.

I like turtles.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

8 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

Why exactly? I see keeping recruiting grounds in conference aside from what is already established with the SEC being better than letting another P5 conference in such as the Big12 or Big10.  Wouldn't it also help the network for TV $$? What about Big12 and the texas schools, has that helped or hurt financially? We have already had series set up with both FSU and Miami and those have been mostly positive for fan experiences of both schools. I also feel that Miami has been sliding in the football landscape, Adding USF, and even UCF could essentially ensure that ACC would almost always have a Florida team in the running for the conference championship. Also if you put USF/UCF in division and FSU/Miami in a division you would have mulit-level in state rivalry games, as well a potential for a championship game to also be a 2nd rivalry game. 

It's a very long shot, I know. It just screams to be the better fit. Especially if we are looking at 4 16 team power conferences. If that is the end game the Big12 is a life raft full of holes. 

The, "Miami and FSU would never let USF in" mantra has been going around for some time now.  While it may be true, I have never seen anything other than supposition on here to verify that.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

22 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

The, "Miami and FSU would never let USF in" mantra has been going around for some time now.  While it may be true, I have never seen anything other than supposition on here to verify that.

Everyone has a price.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

You'll never see more than that.  It's ALWAYS supposition from anyone, anywhere until the ACC officially votes.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, namuh-bull said:

I still think there's a good chance they don't even expand.  If the Big 12 goes to Florida, I would like both us and "them" taken.  I think it would be more fun that way.  I would hope that "they" would feel the same way.

Go Bulls, and beat FSU!

We still had a good rivalry without them being in the same conference as us. By good I mean it was nice beating them. I still think adding both schools is a smart choice but I'd be more than satisfied if we got in and they didn't.