• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

14 minutes ago, Oldsmobull said:

Hope USF's #1 salesperson, President Judy Genshaft, along with the USF AD and school trustees are in full court press mode right now convincing Big 12 decision makers to add USF to Big 12 conference.  Like Confucius say:  "He who waits for roast duck to fly into open mouth go hungry."  This isn't the time to sit by phone and wait for call from Big 12...USF has to aggressively go after membership right now and convince Big 12 they need USF.

I imagine that the time for this has past.  Navigate Research is providing actual data.  All of the teams publicly promoting themselves must know that they are on the outside looking in, data wise, and feel the need to lobby the media and individual Big 12 personalities.  I think the teams that are in good shape are probably remaining silent.  Maybe that's why we are not more active.  I will cling to this hope.  

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

The Big 10 proved that football quality is not a big obstacle in expansion as long as the TV market is big enough. I think we are still in the running based on this...

Most probable schools:

Cinci(Ohio market, traveling partner for WVU)

CSU(Big 12 back in Colorado)

BYU(Utah market, Football brand)

Connecticut(Basketball)

Houston(Houston market)

UCF(FL,FL,FL)

USF(FL,FL,FL)

Memphis(Tennessee market, Basketball)

Its a no brainer,  USF and UCF are in ... Either way the Big 12 will probably implode because of Texas and Oklahoma. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

As long as Texas can keep TCU and Texas Tech in the "no expansion now" camp, then it will not happen.  They need 8 of 10 teams to vote for expansion.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

22 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Why are we not in the most prominent list of team?  UCF is and we have to be on pretty even footing with them.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

While I would love to be in, here is what we need to hope for, right now, in order. 

1. We get an invite to the Big 12, :)

2. The big 12 delays expansion for at least a year.

3. The big 12 only adds 2 schools, Cincy and BYU 

4. The big 12 adds whoever, but not UCF

5. The big 12 invites UCF and not USF, but UCF never gets to play a game in their new league due to the giant meteorite that destroyed their school. 

1 and 2 are good for us. 3 and 4 are only a little bad for us. 5 would destroy us (assuming UCF invite and no meteorite). 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Chances are slim that we change conferences.  And if we don't move I'm still a USF fan and I won't be too upset about it.  A friend who is a WVU fan isn't happy at all about the travel to see them on the road.  The cities in the Big12 for road games are not much, if at all, better than the road trips we can make now.  And have we not learned anything from watching Rutgers, WVU, 'cuse and Pitt be pretty much irrelevant in their new conferences?  Money is the only reason to go to another conference.  I admit is a rather large carrot to chase.  If we go, I'll be fine with it and adapt.  If we don't go I'll be fine with it.

Wouldn't be the end of the world if AAC lost 1 or maybe 2 teams, but if B12 added 6 teams and we weren't one of them, it's the death sentence for USF football.  Play our last remaining seasons in the soccer stadium then close it down.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,722
  • Days Won:  109

4 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Wouldn't be the end of the world if AAC lost 1 or maybe 2 teams, but if B12 added 6 teams and we weren't one of them, it's the death sentence for USF football.  Play our last remaining seasons in the soccer stadium then close it down.

I haven't read all the articles.  Is there some thinking that they would add 6?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

10 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

While I would love to be in, here is what we need to hope for, right now, in order. 

1. We get an invite to the Big 12, :)

2. The big 12 delays expansion for at least a year.

3. The big 12 only adds 2 schools, Cincy and BYU 

4. The big 12 adds whoever, but not UCF

5. The big 12 invites UCF and not USF, but UCF never gets to play a game in their new league due to the giant meteorite that destroyed their school. 

1 and 2 are good for us. 3 and 4 are only a little bad for us. 5 would destroy us (assuming UCF invite and no meteorite). 

I have a hard time understanding the logic of reports/articles mentioning the B12 inviting only one of USF/UCF

One of their biggest issues is WVU and how their invite created an island for the school causing lots of problems both financially and logistically for both WVU and the rest of the B12.  One of the main reasons Cinci is often mentioned in expansion is an attempt to resolve this problem

Inviting only one of USF/UCF creates an even longer distance island with a school with much less fan support and history.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Just now, Bourbon Bull said:

I haven't read all the articles.  Is there some thinking that they would add 6?

Speculation is all over the map.  From none, 2, 4, and 6.   Im hoping it's NONE because we aren't in the first 2