• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Too bad USF/UCF isn't on the Big 12's radar.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, CPR said:

Too bad USF/UCF isn't on the Big 12's radar.

Actually, I believe that USF alone with the combination of a Big 12 Schedule would be able to pull the appropriate numbers in Florida within a year or two.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Good intentions, but IMO either we earn the entry or not. I don't want to be the "discount basement" school.

4 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

I'll take charity!

In a heartbeat .... How do you "earn" a spot anyway? You get invited ... there's no checklist to try and fulfill. Any way we can get our foot in the door, you take it.

And maybe I'm missing something but maybe someone can explain how this "USF/UCF tv market" stuff is some kind of a big deal. Is there some kind of projection that we'd both draw tons more viewers playing B12 teams than we do now? Obviously there would be an upswing but would it be that much .... Is it based on the yet to become a reality B12 Network and Florida cable companies?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

58 minutes ago, Triple B said:

In a heartbeat .... How do you "earn" a spot anyway? You get invited ... there's no checklist to try and fulfill. Any way we can get our foot in the door, you take it.

And maybe I'm missing something but maybe someone can explain how this "USF/UCF tv market" stuff is some kind of a big deal. Is there some kind of projection that we'd both draw tons more viewers playing B12 teams than we do now? Obviously there would be an upswing but would it be that much .... Is it based on the yet to become a reality B12 Network and Florida cable companies?

You get an invite based on you merits, not because they feel sorry for us or something. Their perception is all that matters though, so if they don't like what they see, we simply don't get in. But as far as being no checklist, I'd disagree with you there. If there's no qualification list, how do they decide who's best to get the invite? Anyway, bottom line to me is we get an invite (by whatever their criteria) or we don't. This talk about accepting less than any other school in the conference makes no sense--if we get in, whenever that is, we get what a member gets, not a little bit now and we'll see how things go later.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

You get an invite based on you merits, not because they feel sorry for us or something. Their perception is all that matters though, so if they don't like what they see, we simply don't get in. But as far as being no checklist, I'd disagree with you there. If there's no qualification list, how do they decide who's best to get the invite? Anyway, bottom line to me is we get an invite (by whatever their criteria) or we don't. This talk about accepting less than any other school in the conference makes no sense--if we get in, whenever that is, we get what a member gets, not a little bit now and we'll see how things go later.

What "merits" did Syracuse and Rutgers have? And are you saying if we get an invite contingent upon us not taking a full share of monies for awhile we should turn it down?

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

What "merits" did Syracuse and Rutgers have? And are you saying if we get an invite contingent upon us not taking a full share of monies for awhile we should turn it down?

Or Pitt for that matter: School history/tradition, Northeast proximity, NYC TV audience, basketball, academics, research.

Define "awhile". If indefinite, no, as an admin I'd turn it down or negotiate for short-term finite.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

What the heck is USF thinking?  They decided to keep on Pres Genshaft AND give her a raise.  She didn't get us into a P5 conference.  

http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/college/usf-president-judy-genshaft-awarded-contract-extension-raise/2267784

</sarcasm>

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

The projection with USF and UCF was based on them having contracts with different media entities. Together, those entities cover the entire state. So the theory is that by adding both, you could get carriage fees for the entire state where by adding just one would not.

It's not my theory, just one that has been reported.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

What the heck is USF thinking?  They decided to keep on Pres Genshaft AND give her a raise.  She didn't get us into a P5 conference.  

http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/college/usf-president-judy-genshaft-awarded-contract-extension-raise/2267784

</sarcasm>

I like the part about surpassing every goal they give her...

My question is, what genius decided that changing to a one year contract is better than a five year contract when that person exceeds every goal you have laid out by such a wide margin? 

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I like the part about surpassing every goal they give her...

My question is, what genius decided that changing to a one year contract is better than a five year contract when that person exceeds every goal you have laid out by such a wide margin? 

Might be her wish, dunno, but she's over 65 and might not be thinking to stay in the game another 5 years. USF would be wise to hedge that bet IMO. I hope she'll get 5 more one-year contracts, though, if things stay on their current course.