• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Also from Dodd's article:

“The only way I see to get Cincinnati in the Big 12 is this: that UC and the 2nd school would have to volunteer to take the financial haircut yourselves. Why? Because the three major networks will never add enough monies to allow the next two schools to have the same revenues [do] now.”

If they, or we, could get just enough to cover the cost of moving, why wouldn't someone make that happen? Then when the contracts are renewed, I assume we, or they, would get an even share of the new contract. At least we would be in the P5 with a better home schedule.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Just now, BDYZR said:

“The only way I see to get Cincinnati in the Big 12 is this: that UC and the 2nd school would have to volunteer to take the financial haircut yourselves. Why? Because the three major networks will never add enough monies to allow the next two schools to have the same revenues [do] now.”

If they, or we, could get just enough to cover the cost of moving, why wouldn't someone make that happen? Then when the contracts are renewed, I assume we, or they, would get an even share of the new contract. At least we would be in the P5 with a better home schedule.

WV took a tiered payout structure when they joined.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

They could pay us what we make in the AAC.  Wouldn't our revenue go up based on the increased attendance and quality of opponents?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

They could pay us what we make in the AAC.  Wouldn't our revenue go up based on the increased attendance and quality of opponents?

Good intentions, but IMO either we earn the entry or not. I don't want to be the "discount basement" school.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

7 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Good intentions, but IMO either we earn the entry or not. I don't want to be the "discount basement" school.

I'll take charity!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

32 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

Pretty much what I was getting at.

13 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

I would call it an investment in our future.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

37 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

I would say either we add value or we don't.  The smaller our slice of the pie from the league the more value we add to it.

We all know WE will benefit and over time we will prove we belong again.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, mark_my_words said:

I would say either we add value or we don't.  The smaller our slice of the pie from the league the more value we add to it.

We all know WE will benefit and over time we will prove we belong again.

Considering all sports and TV market, we'd add instant value over an Iowa State or Kansas State IMO...without the junior/trial member status. Knowing that, there's no way they'd offer a potential member a spot that immediately identifies them as inferior. If you're an admin, you'd really want that stigma on your school?

Sometimes it's better to be the best of the worst IMO. Start throwing up consistent Ws in major sports, and one of the conferences will come calling, minus the special conditions.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I would happily slide into the #60 revenue spot.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

First off this article is trash.  It was already revealed by the Big 12 and Fox that their contract allows for expansion to 12 teams at status quo. So there would be no pay cut to the other members of the Big 12.  Secondly, it was already shown that the state of Florida was worth $80 million in subscriber fees.  Maybe USF by it's self doesn't pull all of Florida but, USF and UCF combined gets the nod any day of the week. Note this additional revenue would more interest Fox then ESPN as ESPN already has UF and USF under contract.  So yeah, this article is hilarious. :roflmao:

Edited by Azmodi