• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I have a guy on the inside who said another sub-par season will see Florida booted from the SEC and a USF/UCF combo invited in their place. Virginia Tech likely to be invited too, to make 16 teams, and then Florida will take VT's spot in the ACC, making the UF/FSU rivalry game a conference matchup.

EDIT: Should also note my guy on the inside said UCF was included because they didn't want to lose all of the Gator fans when UF is booted.

I am stunned, and a little saddened, at the number that took this post seriously ....... although on this particular thread, with it's 400+ pages of basically ********, I guess it's to be expected.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Pure GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/31/new-big-ten-scheduling-mandates-power-5-opponents-no-fcs-foes/related/

B1G joins SEC and ACC in banning FCS games and requiring OCC games against other P5 teams. Strength of schedule means everything now and the chances for G5 teams to play P5 teams is coming to an end. 9 Confernce games + 1 OOC game against P5 + 1 OCC game against traditional team (like Texas vs Rice)

The ACC is even scheduling OOC games against other ACC teams and they won't count towards conf standings.

Okay, Duck Little, 9+1+1 = 11, and that 1 traditional game could double as the required 1 P5 game ... so they will still have 1 or 2 slots to fill every year. What may be harder to get will be a return game but there will still be plenty of spots for P5 vs G5 scheduling.

I'm surprised you don't see it coming. Saban has said it, the majority of P5 coaches polled support the idea as well (only playing P5 teams). Baylor and TCU got hit with it last season. The conferences are now MANDATING OCC games against other P5 schools. They've banned ALL games against FCS teams.

The gap between P5 and G5 is going to only get wider.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/31/new-big-ten-scheduling-mandates-power-5-opponents-no-fcs-foes/related/

B1G joins SEC and ACC in banning FCS games and requiring OCC games against other P5 teams. Strength of schedule means everything now and the chances for G5 teams to play P5 teams is coming to an end. 9 Confernce games + 1 OOC game against P5 + 1 OCC game against traditional team (like Texas vs Rice)

The ACC is even scheduling OOC games against other ACC teams and they won't count towards conf standings.

Okay, Duck Little, 9+1+1 = 11, and that 1 traditional game could double as the required 1 P5 game ... so they will still have 1 or 2 slots to fill every year. What may be harder to get will be a return game but there will still be plenty of spots for P5 vs G5 scheduling.

I'm surprised you don't see it coming. Saban has said it, the majority of P5 coaches polled support the idea as well (only playing P5 teams). Baylor and TCU got hit with it last season. The conferences are now MANDATING OCC games against other P5 schools. They've banned ALL games against FCS teams.

Baylor and TCU didn't get hit with that... they got hit with the Big 12 not having a title game.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Baylor and TCU didn't get hit with that... they got hit with the Big 12 not having a title game.

Baylor and TCU don't control whether or not the B12 has a title game...

http://www.businessinsider.com/baylor-strength-of-schedule-2014-12

In the end, it came down to strength of schedule. Both teams were 11-1, and Ohio State played better teams, so they made it in.

The playoff committee taught Baylor a lesson that's going to resonate across the college football world — you can no longer get away with playing nobody in the non-conference.

Baylor got penalized for playing the weakest non-conference schedule of any playoff contender. Outside of the Big 12, Baylor played SMU, Northwestern State, and Buffalo this year.

Playing small schools like this is a relic from the old system. In order to get bowl eligible, teams used to schedule weak teams in the non-conference to inflate their win totals. That's why the first few weeks of the college football season largely consist of big teams destroying small teams by 30.

Those days are over. By leaving Baylor out of the playoff, the committee has set a precedent that playing a legitimate non-conference schedule is a prerequisite for playoff consideration.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/baylor-strength-of-schedule-2014-12#ixzz3hhxTB9Ff

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I have a guy on the inside who said another sub-par season will see Florida booted from the SEC and a USF/UCF combo invited in their place. Virginia Tech likely to be invited too, to make 16 teams, and then Florida will take VT's spot in the ACC, making the UF/FSU rivalry game a conference matchup.

EDIT: Should also note my guy on the inside said UCF was included because they didn't want to lose all of the Gator fans when UF is booted.

I am stunned, and a little saddened, at the number that took this post seriously ....... although on this particular thread, with it's 400+ pages of basically ********, I guess it's to be expected.

I've learned to never underestimate the Bullspen :icon_drink:

Is it possible it will come to that? Absolutely .... but not probable, IMO. Just don't seem them mandating that they have to play all 3 ooc games against other P5 teams. If they do, UF will become a huge ally to UCF/USF in trying to get into a P5 conference because, as we all know, they will not leave the state for an ooc game.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

No one took it serious princess. We all thought it BS and called it as such. Have a cupcake, you'll feel better.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

No one took it serious princess. We all thought it BS and called it as such. Have a cupcake, you'll feel better.

Feel better than what? I feel fine ... princess

It may not be as easy as it was in the past but unless other scheduling mandates come down, there will still be opportunities for P5/G5 matchups .... especially with the banning of P5/FCS games ... which I think sucks because those paydays went a long way for some of those small schools.