• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Finally - a well thought out article tha deviates from the internet hype surrounding other schools who don't have the actual promise of contributing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Not surprising.  I am going to assume that this fella has no pull....  but, he hit on the one thing we will always have.  The biggest market available in Florida....  Think Rutgers.  

I still don't get the whole Houston to Big 12.  Makes my brain hurt trying to understand why they would want 5 Texas based schools.  If they are after markets, adding USF makes total sense but Houston?

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

If the big 12 wants markets they'd be best to go with a Usf/ucf package deal.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

I think if the BIG 12 expands USF should be included, but Tampa will not always be the biggest FLA market.  That will belong to Miami...and Orlando will pass Tampa in population in ~20 years according to census projections fwiw.  It doesn't really matter as the entire I-4 corridor will be one of the biggest population centers in the country...becoming a megalopolis together by 2035-2040.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I think if the BIG 12 expands USF should be included, but Tampa will not always be the biggest FLA market.  That will belong to Miami...and Orlando will pass Tampa in population in ~20 years according to census projections fwiw.  It doesn't really matter as the entire I-4 corridor will be one of the biggest population centers in the country...becoming a megalopolis together by 2035-2040.

Plus the sheer number of students at both schools. 100,000 students combined that will continue to relocate throughout the US, growing the alumni base at a much faster rate than the P5 schools.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I'll say this about the USF/UCF combo. I think with George at the helm as both coach and AD, I think that hurts a lot. Image has a lot to do with membership, I feel.

I'll say this about the USF/UCF combo. I think with George at the helm as both coach and AD, I think that hurts a lot. Image has a lot to do with membership, I feel.

I wonder how the Big 12 feels about the image of UCF beating Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl.  I am more concerned about our image of not winning.  I am not sure how George O'Liar effects UCF as a whole in the expansion game.  I doubt that a coach effects any of it.  Our image of him is probably very different than most.   

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

100% agree