• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Gents, we are puppy dogs when it comes to FB...

That will be taken in consideration

You guys realize we are 12th in the world in patents, we increased our research funding again this year, winning championships in other sports, and we WILL have an OCS. Our future is bright... Stay positive gents, just because we have had 4 bad years??? Really???? Tell me a program that has not had a run of bad coaching..,

Edited by Skingraft
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

You guys realize we are 12th in the world in patents, we increased our research funding again this year, winning championships in other sports, and we WILL have an OCS. Our future is bright... Stay positive gents, just because we have had 4 bad years??? Really???? Tell me a program that has not had a run of bad coaching..,

Timeline on OCS?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

In a phone interview on the College Football Playoff Selection Show, Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby told ESPN's Rece Davis: "It's clear that we were penalized for not having a postseason championship game. It would have been nice to have been told that ahead of time."

"We have to weigh whether this is substantial enough to add institutions. ... It's certainly a major consideration."

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

If you watch the videos from above (espn link), clearly, the Big 12 got penalized for not having a championship game. It's like basketball's selection Sunday with only four spots, so a being a true conference champion matters.

Now, the Big 12 is going to make a move to solve this problem. 100%

Gismo: two minds that think alike! You beat me by 1 sec.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

I agree with this. However, this tells us that USF is not ready to receive an invite to P5. USF has years of work to do. When USF is ready, they will be invited. It will be up to the Tampa Bay community, alumni, and USF fans to get USF where it needs to be. A lesson has been dealt to the young USF program in that there will be down periods in the program. There were boosters that thought that Leavitt had it made as USF was in the middle of the high school football area. They didnt realise all the hard work that Leavitt put into the program to get USF in a BCS conference. Now they know and I bet those boosters wish they would have never fired the guy that spoiled USF fans with early success. 

In a phone interview on the College Football Playoff Selection Show, Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby told ESPN's Rece Davis: "It's clear that we were penalized for not having a postseason championship game. It would have been nice to have been told that ahead of time."

"We have to weigh whether this is substantial enough to add institutions. ... It's certainly a major consideration."

This proves to all that Bowlsby is a terrible leader for the BIG 12. They failed to get UL and they failed to understand that they will be held back by not having the CCG. It didnt take a rocket scientist to figure all that out. BIG 12 should fire the guy. 

Check out the attendance numbers of the two B12 teams that were left out:

TCU: 9,725
Baylor: 16,263

I think one factor the Big 12 will want is a large university.

Check out the attendance numbers of the two B12 teams that were left out:

TCU: 9,725

Baylor: 16,263

I think one factor the Big 12 will want is a large university.

??? You mean student enrolement numbers? I think the BIG 12 wants a team that can help SOS. USF cant do that right now so we are more than likely not getting the call this time.