• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

When I see it on ESPN I'll believe it. Not a moment before. Neither should any of you.

Memphis makes zero sense on this rumor. They don't bring enough to the table to ensure that the other programs keep the same TV revenue as they are getting now.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Did anybody actually listen to that audio? It is one guy being told something from an anonymous source on a small radio station in Nashville. I think we can hold off with the pitchforks for a little bit.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

If the rumors of Cincinnati and Memphis moving to the Big XII are true then the final nail may have been hammered into the coffin that is USF's accesion into big time college athletics. Over the past few years Judy has been loyal to her Big East / AAC contemporaries, but we really have one person thank for USF's eventual demise - Doug Woolard.

Outside of improving facilities - which many universities were also able to do during that time - Doug had done little to improve USF's standing in the world of big time college athletics. From leading the lynch mob to dismiss Jim Leavitt and regain some of the perceived power and influence he had lost, to the hiring of Skip Holtz and then doubling down on his selection with an extension, Doug Woolard was able to destroy nearly everything that his predecessors had built.

Doug was handed the keys to a potential future power and instead of keeping his foot on the gas pedal he decided to shift into neutral and allow schools to leave us in their dust. Doug's poor decision making and talent evaluation was only exceeded by his lack of vision and tone-deafness to all of his critics.

Congratulations Doug, you will be remembered as the man who killed USF athletics. I hear UAB is looking for a new Athletic Director. You are exactlly what they are looking for.

I dont think Judy or the admin has been "loyal". In the midst of realignment USF wanted out and corresponded with other conferences accordingly from what i remember.

Cant help the fact other conferences didnt want us.

Edited by usfvictor

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Harlan is looking for a way out now. No doubt in my mind. This program is a half decade away from being shut down now

Not a business major, are you?

I was engaging in hyperbole. But i see no way this football program survives.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

They have more than Football to offer. 

Ribs?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

They have more than Football to offer.

They don't have the tv market to help maintain the Big 12 tv revenue for the other programs.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

^^^ it's about dollars and cents and TV revenue. Not a one-season G5 title and more convenient travel. And isn't Memphis west of both Cincinnati and West Virginia? Not sure what you mean by "bridge."

Edit: How is FedEx Memphis' piggy bank? I'd be interested in knowing how FedEx directly supports Memphis athletics.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

When I see it on ESPN I'll believe it. Not a moment before. Neither should any of you.

Memphis makes zero sense on this rumor. They don't bring enough to the table to ensure that the other programs keep the same TV revenue as they are getting now.
Memphis creates and bridge to Cincinnati and West Virginia and they have a big financial backer in FedEx. There is alot to like about Memphis. They are no worse that Iowa State and Texas Tech.

That and having Pickens go to bat for you doesn't hurt either. For everyone bringing up FSU not going to the Big XII... that was going to be a done deal. So much in fact, that the ACC made FSU sign that grant of rights. That's what killed them to the Bog XII. Without it, FSU is most likely outta there.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

****, this thread escalated QUICKLY.

Wait for a legit source.

In this case the rumor is simply an unconfirmed truth. Its going to happen.

Like FSU to the Big 12 from a couple of years ago?  It was being peddled through similar sources as a "done deal" and what conference are they in now?.  I'll believe this when someone reputable picks it up.  If this was the dude from Orange Bloods or McMustache I'd be convinced but right now this is just chumming the water for hits.  But carry on fellas, it will be fun to say I told you so....

I don't know if anyone here truly thinks it's a done deal and this will happen, but it's always nice to be the one in the rumors. UL, WVU, CUSE, PITT, etc were always the one's mentioned in the realignment rumors and look where they are now. It's just hard to imagine Memphis has jumped us. Cincy has always been ahead of us and for good reason. Memphis is a top 20 bball school and are looking good in football. We've sunk at the worst **** time.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Listen...Being realistic, if USF does not build an OCS stadium and get into a P5 school in the near future then there is no future. It is plain and simple. CFB has changed forever, and P5 Conferences are the future. CFB is a business and we need a business man running the program who has the guts to make the hard decisions, be progressive, and make big deals happen. With two successful seasons and an improved fan base under our belt, we instantly become an much more lucrative investment.

I hope Harlan can fix this program and does so before he gets picked up by a P5 school.

I think we have that guy in Harlan and he better do whatever it takes to get us into a P5 conference. we have seen progress in basketball with the COA hire now lets hope Willie gets it turned around in an hurry or Harlan brings in someone that does and makes us more relevant. As far as OCS goes we are heading for that but we can't do it until we have a team that gets people to show up. A new OCS might bring in a decent crowd for 1 year with a crappy team and now we are losing $$$ so we have to get a winning team and bring excitement back to the program

Heard today from someone that Harlan is out of town until next Wednesday. They did not know where he went or why. I can only hope he is working on the football problem and/or conference problem.