• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

We humans like to ruin all that is good.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So we screwed up college football, we also created Publix chicken wings. I'd say that puts us in the positive.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I like the ones without the breading. Nom nom.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

No breading

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

The one thing the P5 have going against them is Greed!!! They say Greed is Good but now I think it will bite them in the ass in the long run. They will shed off power members that wont be able to compete. It will get FN ugly years down the road!!!

I think what will happen is that the cord cutting will continue to the point that ESPN won't have the power they currently hold over cable and sat companies and they will have to go ala cart vs getting paid for most all subs. With ESPN revenues down they won't be able to pay the huge tv contracts and college football will start to revert to a more regional sport like it used to be,

As for greed, it's what is ruining capitalism. It's why we unfortunately need government as big brother because we can't trust companies to not cheat and endanger the consumer in the name of profits. My mom died from complications from salmonella in a store bought salad this year. The crash of 2007 was because of the greed of consumers and banks, we don't eat beef because of e.coli and mad cow, the list is endless and greed is at the core to all of it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

AAC should do something desperate and bold, like invite a couple Canadian college football teams (Toronto, Montreal, and/or Guelph, ).  We could treat the 3 down, 4 down thing like ground rules.

It could make for interesting TV and the tv deal would get better if we sold to Canada eyeballs.

We need a hook in this crappy moribund conference that is getting left in the dust by the B5.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

AAC should do something desperate and bold, like invite a couple Canadian college football teams (Toronto, Montreal, and/or Guelph, ). We could treat the 3 down, 4 down thing like ground rules.

It could make for interesting TV and the tv deal would get better if we sold to Canada eyeballs.

We need a hook in this crappy moribund conference that is getting left in the dust by the B5.

That is crazy. But, I think that would be cool to see.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

The one thing the P5 have going against them is Greed!!! They say Greed is Good but now I think it will bite them in the ass in the long run. They will shed off power members that wont be able to compete. It will get FN ugly years down the road!!!

I think what will happen is that the cord cutting will continue to the point that ESPN won't have the power they currently hold over cable and sat companies and they will have to go ala cart vs getting paid for most all subs. With ESPN revenues down they won't be able to pay the huge tv contracts and college football will start to revert to a more regional sport like it used to be,

As for greed, it's what is ruining capitalism. It's why we unfortunately need government as big brother because we can't trust companies to not cheat and endanger the consumer in the name of profits. My mom died from complications from salmonella in a store bought salad this year. The crash of 2007 was because of the greed of consumers and banks, we don't eat beef because of e.coli and mad cow, the list is endless and greed is at the core to all of it.

I agree with your premise, but it doesn't justify government operating as 'big brother'. Strong regulations and proper oversight that allows for corporate competition is good. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

It would be great if we could just back Aresco and attempt to turn the AAC into a P6.

However, any successful program, will adamantly try to jump ship for greener pastures..

USF included (and that's not a bad thing)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

@NoEscalators @TheUConnBlog just heard that USF and UCF are doing everything they can do get into Big 12...

2:04 PM - 7 Aug 2014 Â· Details