• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

We have a better chance to get into the Big 10 than Baylor.   My opinion.   

We are working toward AAU status, We have the Fl Market( which the Big 10 is striving to be like, talent wise).  We have large Popluation, TV market, and we don't have a GOR so our exit would be smoother and a lot cheaper than Baylor.  Judy has Big 10 ties as well. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  0

Lubbock has a modern, international airport 15 minutes from the Texas Tech campus. American, American Eagle, Southwest, and United Express all have scheduled service to and from the airport. If your team doesn't fly charter, it will land in DFW and than take a connection for the 45 minute flight to Lubbock. Travel to Texas Tech is much easier than OU, OSU, KSU, Baylor, and WVU, which all require lengthy bus trips.

OU has a lengthy bus trip?  Isn't Norman a relatively short ride south of OKC?  

WVU is about 80 miles south of Pittsburgh, I believe, that's not too bad.   That's basically a drive from Tampa to Orlando.

Norman is very close to OKC, the airport is on the north west side of town (if I remember correctly) and Norman is south and a little east. But still very close. Maybe Tampa to Lakeland.

You're right. I remember OU flying into DFW airport years ago but that may have been a one time event.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

We have a better chance to get into the Big 10 than Baylor. My opinion.

We are working toward AAU status, We have the Fl Market( which the Big 10 is striving to be like, talent wise). We have large Popluation, TV market, and we don't have a GOR so our exit would be smoother and a lot cheaper than Baylor. Judy has Big 10 ties as well.

okay, I'm sold. When do we make the move? :D

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

We have a better chance to get into the Big 10 than Baylor.   My opinion.   

We are working toward AAU status, We have the Fl Market( which the Big 10 is striving to be like, talent wise).  We have large Popluation, TV market, and we don't have a GOR so our exit would be smoother and a lot cheaper than Baylor.  Judy has Big 10 ties as well. 

Um, Florida is the 4th most populated state in the US. Baylor happens to be from one of the 2 that are bigger than Florida and doesn't already have a Big 10 school. 

Not saying we are ahead of or behind Baylor, but population and state isn't what we have on Baylor.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

We have a better chance to get into the Big 10 than Baylor. My opinion.

We are working toward AAU status, We have the Fl Market( which the Big 10 is striving to be like, talent wise). We have large Popluation, TV market, and we don't have a GOR so our exit would be smoother and a lot cheaper than Baylor. Judy has Big 10 ties as well.

Um, Florida is the 4th most populated state in the US. Baylor happens to be from one of the 2 that are bigger than Florida and doesn't already have a Big 10 school.

Not saying we are ahead of or behind Baylor, but population and state isn't what we have on Baylor.

Also, Baylor has a more politically connected alumni base than USF - and it's not close.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  325

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

Craziness afoot. One school in B12 VERY upset at networks and certain conference mates due to recent pressure to expand.

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

This school feels no current targets warrant expanding. They feel it will water down the B12 needlessly and cost us big in the future

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

Recent push by networks to expand to 16 with 3 in the west and 3 in the east were embraced by most in the B12 but not all.

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

This school feels that the B12 is selling itself short by not going after bigger fish and shouldn't settle for "leftovers"

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

The statement was made that a GOR is a paper tiger as long as you're not going to a competing network.

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

Mind boggling is the fact that its this very same school that cost the B12 FSU and CU

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

From what I'm told the whole thing was weird and came out of left field. There wasn't even a huge interest in adding 6,some schools were(1)

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

Simply wanting to do some research on the scheduling possibilities and revenue increases. Nothing concrete

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

My source on this said it was akin to a drunk-dialing

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

the networks were proposing to increase the contract amount by 30% and get these "lesser" schools to join at half the rate(1)

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

Which would've been a huge financial boon to the " lesser" schools at 1/4. 1/2 would be like pacman making it rain

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

Bowl money split would kill the shares on that though. Even if they could add 4-5 more bowls it kills the playoff/sugar split

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

The schools floated by the networks were BYU, UNLV, SDSU, Cincy, USF, and UCF

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

Memphis was also bandied about recently in place of Cincy. Networks wanted 2 in Florida though

.MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

Iowa St wasn't too happy at the idea of being shoe-horned into a mishmash western pod and losing recruiting visits in TX

MHver3 â€@MHver3 6h

WVU was ok with the prospect of playing in FL yearly and Ohio every other year.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127

Who was the other school?  Texas?  Baylor?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

That dude is either insane or has a "source" that's crazy, or he is onto something. Obviously hope the latter. But doubt it.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  325

Who was the other school?  Texas?  Baylor?

I was wondering the same thing.   My guess would be Baylor. 

Edited by BurghBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So he's either right or he's wrong...interesting.

• Upvote 1