• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Do you believe conference realignment is over for the time being. #AskAresco

"I think so. But one never knows." - MLA RT @boalsr21: Do you believe conference realignment is over for the time being. #AskAresco

Ok.. I'll bite. Anyone notice how http://www.gousfbulls.com/ has no mention of the conference change? No AAC? No New Era?  Just one little logo waaaaaaay at the bottom of the page. I believe we are also stepping out of major roles in directing the conference ( could be coincidence ), but there are quite a few things pointing to that we are trying to ensure we are not hung up on this conference in any way.  

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Why isn't it letting me post images??

I'd blame dangerous minorities....

Snowden released the information on which images were being snooped.

Snowden's death caused Yossarian's sanity...

Well that will fly over more than one head here.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Do you believe conference realignment is over for the time being. #AskAresco

a day ago

4c010f653b20bd2d02ef217b32165d54_normal.

The American@American_Conf

"I think so. But one never knows." - MLA RT @boalsr21: Do you believe conference realignment is over for the time being. #AskAresco

Ok.. I'll bite. Anyone notice how http://www.gousfbulls.com/ has no mention of the conference change? No AAC? No New Era? Just one little logo waaaaaaay at the bottom of the page. I believe we are also stepping out of major roles in directing the conference ( could be coincidence ), but there are quite a few things pointing to that we are trying to ensure we are not hung up on this conference in any way.

I did actually, and I'm pretty happy we are not having slurp fest over the aac

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Again, get use to it for 4 to 6 years at least.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788

I dunno. Minderbinder and Major Danby seemed to be on board with that line of thinking.   

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788

It's the standard, Lloyd Christmas line of thinking "so you're telling me there's a chance".

Although infinitesimally small, there is that hope that somehow U of SF is going to be miracled out of the AAC. All it takes is one person to post "I heard that USF...." and the floodgates of false hope throw wide. When the question "is realignment over?" is posed, no one ever says "Yes. For all practical purposes realignment is over." Aresco's comment is in line with the never-say-never philosophy, because the question asked was "for the time being"? Well, outside of the immediate time frame you could argue that conference realignment has been going on since the dawn of the game, hasn't it? And if that's the case, there's always...

I don't get much out of pushing pieces around the imaginary college football conference game board, because rumors don't pay dividends, but I'll swing by this thread for some entertaining reading. And if I'm right, it won't be the 200 page milestone we'll be celebrating...it will be our tenth anniversary of praying for a reprieve. As for the conference logo, or lack thereof on the company letterhead...well...everyone, in particular those on Fowler Avenue, are still trying to decide on the right shade of lipstick for our pig. 

:LoveFest:

Oh...and if the thread gets locked, does that mean we're officially done with realignment speculation? Or are we stuck having to start anew? 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Time will tell. I say 99.1% chance we are still in the AAC this time next season.

200 yet

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Make it 100% BullFan98.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

You are most likely correct. The .009% was pure hope.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I dunno. Minderbinder and Major Danby seemed to be on board with that line of thinking.   

What's good for M & M Enterprises will be good for the country!!!!!!!

My pops flew 25's, so I've always had a soft spot for Heller. Unfortunately, his other work wasn't nearly as good. Kind of like Salinger - only had one good book, but boy was it a doozy!