• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I kid, I kid. They know who we are, we beat them in basketball not too long ago.

2 years in a row if I remember correctly.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Well, with all the rumors of us to the Big 12, the University of Texas just became aware of our existence ... so the call was a cease and desist demand on our use of the Hook 'em Horns hand signal.

I kid, I kid. They know who we are, we beat them in basketball not too long ago.

If marketed properly, I think a football rivalry between USF and the University of Texas, could become a major tv ratings generator.

Dude, that's funny!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

"interesting" vs "major tv ratings generator" ???

Anyway, ya it could be a fun matchup. I would certainly watch. :)

I should have clarified better. I did not mean to imply the matchup would get the ratings of a Michigan and Ohio State type of rivalry. I just thought if USF can stay competitive, the similar brands and corresponding locations could develop a nationally appealing-albeit obviously far from elite early on-rivalry if promoted well enough.

If we were to beat Texas a couple times i'm sure it could, similar to what we saw with our rivalry with West Virginia.

We beat a top ten team 2 years in a row, it's naturally going to be labeled a big game.

At least if they came to Tampa we'd all be doing the same hand gesture, though espn would probably think that means everyone there is a Texas fan

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Now that WVU is in the Big12, it seems all of their message board members forgot how many times we beat them and now see us as in inferior team. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Now that WVU is in the Big12, it seems all of their message board members forgot how many times we beat them and now see us as in inferior team. 

People here would instantly treat Cincy and UConn that way if we got to the B12.

I respect Cincy, but I think UConn is vastly inferior to USF despite the series record.

Also, it's likely a vocal minority as opposed to all their members.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

http://wvustats.com/football/opp/246

The series is actually one that was pretty good until Levitt went nuts. 

WVU does have a bit more history than USF, but again USF is a sleeping giant especially with Taggart, problem still remains AAC conference though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Virginia_Mountaineers_football

Again I am all for USF/UCF in Big 12 for Florida now that FSU and Miami are no goes.  But again then issues still remain the 9 Texahoma/Kansas states and the money.

Big 12 schools eyeing $22-25 million in conference revenue payout

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/jeremy-fowler/22225933/big-12-schools-eyeing-22-25-million-in-conference-revenue-payout

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

...USF is a sleeping giant especially with Taggart, problem still remains AAC.

It remains to be seen what USF is under the Taggart regime, having to yet play one down.  As for conference affiliation, that is a HUGE barrier to the good ole days of being in with the in crowd, that will not go away anytime soon.  Sometimes I wonder where the program would be, had we never moved to the Big East to begin with. I think we benefited from the revenue, but we just didn't seem to really muscle our way through, albeit a fair eight year run. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421

Sometimes I wonder where the program would be, had we never moved to the Big East to begin with. I think we benefited from the revenue, but we just didn't seem to really muscle our way through, albeit a fair eight year run.

IMO we would have been far worse with recruiting.

Go Bulls.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784

I can see that. The old 'we're in the Big East, part of the BCS' was a selling point, to a degree.It's going to be interesting to see how the AAC impacts recruiting, a few years down the road. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749

I can see that. The old 'we're in the Big East, part of the BCS' was a selling point, to a degree.It's going to be interesting to see how the AAC impacts recruiting, a few years down the road. 

The USF name and brand is on the map and is continually growing, I think kids realize they can come here and get drafted. We still won't get 5* players but we won't be getting all scraps either.

• Upvote 2