• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

USF's final hope and only solution is to win big. I mean really big and bust th door down. That's the only way any more.

You mean like Boise State?

Yeah. Boise St was coming to the Big East when hopes were that the Big East was getting a big TV contract and pre-raid. So yeah, like Boise St.

The Big East was dying and panicking at that point. It took a domino dropping for the powers that be to make a move.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

@HookemBoard: Looking more and more like USF to the Big 12: What do you guys think about USF if the Big 12 and Fo... http://t.co/MXUNgSZN6Q #247Sports

feel bad for the USF guy who posts this stuff on their board...Texas just being...well...Texas.

If you ask me, that USF asked for it.  Posting on their board inviting us to their conference.   It'd be different if a Texas fan posted that USF was looking likely.  That's like a Memphis fan coming on here with the preposterous notion that they were getting added...wait, nevermind...

I belong to the USF 247 site and that guy, usfbull, is a joke. All his posts are rambling nonsense. It's embarrassing as to see him to go out there as a representative of USF with that stuff.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

@HookemBoard: Looking more and more like USF to the Big 12: What do you guys think about USF if the Big 12 and Fo... http://t.co/MXUNgSZN6Q #247Sports

feel bad for the USF guy who posts this stuff on their board...Texas just being...well...Texas.

If you ask me, that USF asked for it.  Posting on their board inviting us to their conference.   It'd be different if a Texas fan posted that USF was looking likely.  That's like a Memphis fan coming on here with the preposterous notion that they were getting added...wait, nevermind...

I belong to the USF 247 site and that guy, usfbull, is a joke. All his posts are rambling nonsense. It's embarrassing as to see him to go out there as a representative of USF with that stuff.

Agreed. He has little mastery of the English language, and even less aptitude for college football analysis. I'm not a member of 247 - someone ought to go on there and serve to represent USF more appropriately.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Please, by all means, reel him in then. He is embarrassing us.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Please, by all means, reel him in then. He is embarrassing us.

If that was possible it would be done...  Those green and gold goggles are fused to his eye balls and he's got a Koolaid IV.  The guy is out there.  At the end of the day it doesn't matter what any of us think or what random texas fans on a message board think.  It's just silly to think you're going ot get any info from a Texas board like that and it makes USF fans look foolish.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

USF's final hope and only solution is to win big.  I mean really big and bust th door down.  That's the only way any more.   

+1 Exactly!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Pondering a question

Note: WVU and TCUs shares are 50,67,80,100% each year for next 4 years

The Big12 Tier 1&2 TV contract is $20 mil a year and with Sugar bowl and BCS money it gets another $9 mil (based on 10 teams). Does not include other bowl money or each teams own Tier 3 rights.

To get more money the Tier 1&2 money with championship game would need to be $25 mil a year with $7 mil (based on 12 teams), therefore adding $3 mil value per team, meaning $32mil a year not including Tier 3.

So Fox would need to add $50 mil (10 teams $5 mil) for existing and another $50 mil ($25 mil 2 teams) to make those teams "whole"

what if Fox does not make USF/UCF whole and expansion happens but the existing 10 teams get the $50 mil and USF/UCF gets $15 mil (7.5 mil each) for Tier 1&2 for next 11 years. Do you take it?

What ??  I am really trying to figure out what you are saying here but it just went over my head like a 747.  Are you trying to say Fox would need to add $100 million a year for any two new teams ?  If that is what you are saying there isn't ANY two teams that could move that needle to there.  Aslo are you saying that the annual Sugar Bowl money and BCS money(not guarenteed) is 90 million a year ? 

You completly lost me on the 32 mil,25 mil champioship game.

Can you expain your post for us simple minded USF grads.

Edited by dabull80

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If there is any realignment I see this more of a possibility than USF going anywhere, the Power 5 leaving the NCAA.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/04/21/college-football-ncaa-split/2097115/

I think this will happen ^^^

It just makes sense.

Also this has been talked about in the past and it would basically make the top 5 conferences into a minor league NFL. Instead of conferences you would have regional divisions broken up into 2 conferences, with 3-4 divisions each.

So instead of a SEC, B1G, PAC, ACC, or BIG12 you would have a National College Football League (NCFL) with two conferences, most likely Eastern Conference and a Western Conference. Then within the conferences you would have 3-4 divisions in each conference... they would likely be a North-South-Central type breakup.

It has been discussed before... the new NCFL would work like the NFL... it would have a preseason and a post season with a single championship game like the super bowl.

All of the schools excluded from this elite new league would be left behind in the smoldering wreck that is the NCAA to pick up the pieces.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Posted this in the ACC thread. Guess it belongs here instead.

"

IMO, with this move the ACC just cemented their place in the Top 64/ Power Four leagues, along with the B1G, PAC, and SEC.

All eyes are now on Texas and Oklahoma.

These two teams are definitely in the Top64/ P4, but Kansas? Iowa State? Baylor? K-State? Not so much.

I think Texas and Oklahoma will bolt for the PAC, probably taking TT and OSU with them, and that will be the end of the B12 as a P4 conference. What's left of it will be back in the "best of the rest"

Might take a few years, until the B12 GOR gets a little cheaper, for it to happen. But going to the B12 is not a good long-term solution for us, IMO.

We're better off in the AAC, we just need to find some additional revenue.
- ticket sales
- parking and concessions from an OCS
- merchandise sales
- better tier 3 package

Once the AAC gets a little traction, and shows some solid advertising revenue, renegotiate the TV contract.

Go Bulls!!

"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

USF's final hope and only solution is to win big.  I mean really big and bust th door down.  That's the only way any more.   

Boise State is in Boise Idaho, one of the smalles states in the country population wise, also with zero recruits locally.  If Boise State was in the South East and/or Florida, they would be in either the ACC or Big 12.

There's been absolutely no precedent set that winning really big is a solution and "the only way any more" to a seat at the P5 table .... unless you know something we don't ... but we may as well go ahead and do it .... couldn't hurt.

So explain Rutgers. They started selling tickets after winning games and even expanded their stadium. Having AAU status helped of course. You think if Rutgers sucked they would be going where they are headed?

'You call what Rutgers did as "winning big", busting the door down? Rutgers is headed where they are primarily because of where they're located ...