• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think UConn is next in line for the ACC if just FSU leaves for thr Big 12, regardless of the FL exposure lost. ESPN pretty much runs the ACC's expansion. They have a deal with UConn and owe them. The ACC's buyout is a big factor as to why the Big 12 would take BYU.

WTF does the B12 and BYU have to do with ESPN? Another moronic mouse fairy tale.And ESPN has a deal with UConn???? I guess that's why they got snapped up in the last 17 rounds of expansion, what a bunch of manatee dung.

Manatee dung? horsefeathers too old school?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I think UConn is next in line for the ACC if just FSU leaves for thr Big 12, regardless of the FL exposure lost. ESPN pretty much runs the ACC's expansion. They have a deal with UConn and owe them. The ACC's buyout is a big factor as to why the Big 12 would take BYU.

From what I've heard, BC vetoed UConn in the ACC. They want the northeast market to themselves.

Boston College athletics director Gene DeFilippo told the Globe that the school opposed the inclusion of UConn.

"We didn't want them in,'' he told the Globe. "It was a matter of turf. We wanted to be the New England team.''

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/Report-BC-blocked-UConn-from-ACC-2210485.php

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

WTF does the B12 and BYU have to do with ESPN? Another moronic mouse fairy tale.And ESPN has a deal with UConn???? I guess that's why they got snapped up in the last 17 rounds of expansion, what a bunch of manatee dung.

What are you talking about? I never mentioned the B12 and BYU having anything to do with ESPN. ESPN has been the leader in ACC expansion. They own all TV rights of the ACC and have been dictating all of ACC expansion. ESPN owes the state of Connecticut for some tax cuts or something like that and in return ESPN has been in talks with UConn to help their cause in the next wave of expansion. It was from an article that came out last year...I don't save links, but I'll try to see what I can find to confirm it. I was posting based on what I read. It wasn't something that was devised years ago, before any of the recent expansion.

Regarding BYU, I was referring to an earlier post on here talking about the Big 12 adding FSU and BYU.  I wasn't implying that I heard that this would happen, but using BYU as an example of why the Big 12 may not look at other ACC schools, if the buyout can't get figured out.  This includes remaining Big East schools or whoever.  The Big 12 would be looking to get to 12 by 2014 and time is running out.

Edited by Goldenbuc
Fix duplicate quote

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Pretty sure the guy who said fsu and byu to b12 later said he made it up to make a point not to believe everything people tweet

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks to that guy, huh?  I'm thinking we were all naïve believers up until that stark dose of reality.  :)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Done deal

There are 2 rock-solid, definitive statements I can make. There will be no hedging, no flip-flopping, no back-tracking. There is nothing that can fall through and no last minute shocking developments that will change things. Per my source, these 2 realignment moves have been fully negotiated and they are DONE. They have not only been blessed by the networks, they are the products of the networks, particularly Fox & CBS.

#1 When the 2014 college football season kicks off, UNC will be a member of the SEC.

#2 When the 2014 college football season kicks off, Miami will be a member of the Big 12.

Regarding #1.......I know you want to know who will join with UNC to be team #16 in the SEC. Per my source, this has not been decided.

Regarding #2.......The Big 12's preferred scenario is to only add 2 teams, FSU and Miami, and to stop at 12. Miami is a done deal. FSU is not. I was not told why. I was not told percentages of FSU joining the Big 12. I was not told if FSU is trying to join another conference or if FSU wants to stay in the ACC. I was told that if FSU refuses to join the Big 12, the next most lucrative option proposed by the networks will be carried out. The Big 12 will go to 14 with a 3-team Florida block of Miami, UCF, USF and a 4th team from the current ACC. I was not told the name of the 4th team.

Why are these things happening? This isn't about what fans, ADs or board members want. I was told this is what the networks want.

(This was a tuxedoyoda post on Twitter)

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Twitter posts are a maximum of 140 characters. That actually came from his weblog at:

http://tuxedoyoda.blogspot.com/?view=classic

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502

Twitter posts are a maximum of 140 characters.

Alright... A twitter post with a link to his blog post.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

UNC to SEC? That came from left field. No? Intersting scenarios, but I still have a hard time believing that a blogger would have this info, put it out into public and if such a lock, that it wouldn't spread through the "mainstream" media like wildfire. I don't believe that networks' reporting departments sit on a "done deal". Even if Fox and CBS want to hold off putting it out there, if a blogger gets wind of it, there are a gazillion other outlets with reporters that want to make their name. That's how McMurphy got the job with ESPN. He reported what he heard when he heard it.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's all BS so people feel important on Twitter. It's so obvious it's not even funny. You can tell me they got 1-2 things right, but when you make 500 different statements on expansion, that's bound to happen.