• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I say we take offer to take half of what other big 12 teams are getting just to get our outta this. Bring ucf along too.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Ucf usf combo is def worth 26.1 mil a year. We gotta think outside the box here and swallow our pride.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I say we take offer to take half of what other big 12 teams are getting just to get our outta this. Bring ucf along too.

Negotiation FAIL

This would be a LAST resort, not an opening offer

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

First rumor that is good news for USF in a while. I think it's a good deal for everyone.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Negotiation FAIL

For sure.  You don't want to be on your knees at the start saying we will do anything .  Will probably end up there but at least pretend to play hard to get.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Negotiation FAIL

For sure.  You don't want to be on your knees at the start saying we will do anything .  Will probably end up there but at least pretend to play hard to get.

Not a great strategy either ... both parties know that the B12 is definitely a step up from where we are, and we want to be out of our current situation.  In a hypothetical negotiation situation such as this, admit that at the start, and start talking realistically on what to do to get there.  Don't give away the farm like bullrider said, but don't act like we are going to be tough to budge - it's disingenous in this situation.  

Negotiation always works best when each side's needs are addressed openly and honestly up front by both parties.  

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Negotiation FAIL

Not a great strategy either ... both parties know that the B12 is definitely a step up from where we are, and we want to be out of our current situation.  In a hypothetical negotiation situation such as this, admit that at the start, and start talking realistically on what to do to get there.  Don't give away the farm like bullrider said, but don't act like we are going to be tough to budge - it's disingenous in this situation.  

Negotiation always works best when each side's needs are addressed openly and honestly up front by both parties.  

First rule of Categoricals: NEVER use Categoricals. :D

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

I think this ploy (if real at all) by the Big 12 is actually pretty good.

Here is the thing, the ploy itself would get FSU and UM to make the move, however, if the issue of the $50M ACC exit fee comes into play and FSU and UM stay.  The fall back could at that point be a USF/UCF packaged deal.  

This way, no matter which teams they take, the Big 12 and Fox get the footprint in viewership in Florida.

Personally I think it would be better for the Big 12 to take USF/UCF together over FSU/UM.  My reasoning on this is due to the money factor.  You know FSU and UM would be looking for some form of guarantee of the Big 12 helping out with that exit fee.  While taking a USF/UCF combo would be better if it is worked in the deal that the conference helps with a portion of the conference exit fees.  In this case:  $7M would be > $50M.

Basically, they could get them on the cheap and get the markets for Fox and viewership.

But this is all hypothetical anyways.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Negotiation FAIL

First rule of Categoricals: NEVER use Categoricals. :D

:D

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

A Big 12 invite would have me busting out the Johnny Walker Gold, but much more likely is the possibility of this accelerating the semi-destruction of the ACC and getting us a better landing spot with the ACC leftovers and best of the Big East. 

If this happens, break out the blue label.