• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF is undefeated this season against teams that are not ranked.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

It's always okay to call it as you see it... as long as it's okay to say we don't see it the same way.

I think the world would be a better place if people recognized it’s okay to have conversations about subjects where everyone in the conversation didn’t agree entirely, I think we used to call it discourse but that was a long time ago. I for one fully appreciate your right to be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

We should have had that W against SMU. Don't care about their ranking.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We should have had that W against SMU. Don't care about their ranking.

Could have 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Now, teams USF played may not have been ranked before they played... but as of today, all four of USF's losses were to teams that are ranked in the October 3rd AP (and Coaches) polls:

Team AP/Coaches

NC State 23/22

Florida 20/18

BYU 10/10

SMU 24/24

Does this fact make anyone feel any better about these losses?

Nope we cant beat an fbs team.  Excuses are useless and tired of hearing them. We are building a losing culture and mentality at this point.  Growing up playing competitive sports and beer league now, I have been in locker rooms on losing streak and guts will give  a 110% to break the streak. I haven't seen that passion or fire from CJS or the team. So we suck , until we beat an fbs team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Nope we cant beat an fbs team.  Excuses are useless and tired of hearing them. We are building a losing culture and mentality at this point.  Growing up playing competitive sports and beer league now, I have been in locker rooms on losing streak and guts will give  a 110% to break the streak. I haven't seen that passion or fire from CJS or the team. So we suck , until we beat an fbs team.

Have you been in our locker room for a comparison? And when your losing teams broke their streak, was it against teams they were huge underdogs to?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Someone in another thread mentioned that it looked like some of us were in the bargaining stage of grief. It was a joke, mostly, but I think there may be some truth to that. These "what if" and "because this thing then this other thing" mental gymnastics might make some of us feel better about our situation, but they don't mean anything. I'm with you. USF isn't going to beat an FBS team until we beat an FBS team. It doesn't matter how teams who beat up on us were ranked, are ranked, or will be ranked. We lost and we'll keep losing until we don't. Hopefully, the coaches and players decide they're going to give that 110% to break this bad run and hopefully the fates/refs/luck all go our way during that game.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Have you been in our locker room for a comparison? And when your losing teams broke their streak, was it against teams they were huge underdogs to?

Are we not underdogs to every team we play this year? I’m just trying to understand where you’re going. Are you saying, it’s ok to continually lose when one is an underdog? 

Edited by CycleBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Are we not underdogs to every team we play this year? I’m just trying to understand where you’re going. Are you saying, it’s ok to continually lose when one is an underdog? 

I'm saying that expecting a team to break a streak against teams they have been 3 score underdogs to is kind of frivolous ....

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

11 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Actually no. USF won't be an underdog against Temple... and it's 50-50 against Tulsa.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jim Johnson said:

Actually no. USF won't be an underdog against Temple... and it's 50-50 against Tulsa.

Thank you for correcting me. Just was making sure that we aren’t lowering the standards of playing sports and relegating ourselves to L’s.