• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men’s Soccer Tonight vs ucf at Corbett

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I guess you are trying to be funny. Well unless you are donating or hiring those leading these teams there is nothing more you can do other than posting “funny” posts on this board.

Actually I was partially being funny but I am an Iron Bull. But don't donate nearly enough to demand coaches be fired or hired.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,836
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Actually I was partially being funny but I am an Iron Bull. But don't donate nearly enough to demand coaches be fired or hired.

Glad you are an Iron Bull and I’m not asking for anyone to be fired what I am asking is for our leaders to have higher expectations and if someone doesn’t meet those expectations then find someone else. I’m not an Iron Bull but I have donated to Athletics since I graduated in 1982 and no I’m not satisfied seeing others have more success than we do. Now I will say Kelly is doing a better job, but going back to Bowers as AD I will say we had too many that were just happy being in sunny Tampa.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

24 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Glad you are an Iron Bull and I’m not asking for anyone to be fired what I am asking is for our leaders to have higher expectations and if someone doesn’t meet those expectations then find someone else. I’m not an Iron Bull but I have donated to Athletics since I graduated in 1982 and no I’m not satisfied seeing others have more success than we do. Now I will say Kelly is doing a better job, but going back to Bowers as AD I will say we had too many that were just happy being in sunny Tampa.

I just don't understand how we, as fans, demand something from our coaches or ADs.  The AD knows when a team isn't performing up to standards. They also know when you have to allow some time for a team to develop.  A constant carousel of coaches doesn't do any good IMO.  After a few years of bringing in "your" players you should be showing some progress.  And I have no idea how we got here in a soccer thread.  😃

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,698
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Hmm when your conference rival is winning more of those trophies is time to look in mirror. It’s not just about the I4 trophy.

Except they're not. Outside of the big 2, USF has 18 AAC conference/tourney trophies compared to 12 for UCF ...

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I think many know this @Cubanbull and don't need the ties of a trophy to show us.  Good lord, as @puc86 will tell you, we helped them pass by us.

The real question is why did our Athletics leader just nod off?  Nothing we can do about it now, but USF blew it.

I guess my point is, it's not just us who they've passed by. They have a competitive program top to bottom in all sports. Credit where credit is due, and they should probably be a case study on how you get that done. I don't know enough about their process to explain it, but I'm interested. They never beat anyone in hoops - men's or women's - but now they're relatively formidable. The same goes for many of the Olympic sports. 

52 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Except they're not. Outside of the big 2, USF has 18 AAC conference/tourney trophies compared to 12 for UCF ...

23 to 18 in their favor and not counting football is ignoring the biggest one of them all 

site.png

All-Time American Athletic Conference Champions

32 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I guess my point is, it's not just us who they've passed by. They have a competitive program top to bottom in all sports. Credit where credit is due, and they should probably be a case study on how you get that done. I don't know enough about their process to explain it, but I'm interested. They never beat anyone in hoops - men's or women's - but now they're relatively formidable. The same goes for many of the Olympic sports. 

Exactly and as much as I dislike them, that’s the truth and we need to do better.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

I suggest we end the War on I4 in defeat and begin the Goin' Postal on Coastal challenge.  Each year we'll market Coastal Carolina for their beneift and hope that at the end of ten years the package deal with them will lift us to the Medium 12.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,698
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

23 to 18 in their favor and not counting football is ignoring the biggest one of them all

I didn't count the sports we didn't compete in, indoor track and rowing, and football wasn't included because this argument is about their total Athletics being sooooo much better than ours. It's not .... but their football, and to some extent our basketball, is coloring everything right now, which I get, but the other sports aren't as hand wringing bad as some are portraying.