• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What our Vision needs to be.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

This was the snapshot of what we used to be.  This stadium was 65K strong and probably the loudest I have ever heard Ray Jay and that includes Bucs games.  That vision should not be dead.  For those Bulls Fans who never got a chance to experience of what it meant to be a Bull.  We had an attitude and buzz around our identity.  We need to figure out how to recapture that.  I think we will....

This is why OCS is now more important than ever.  It is not too late, but we need it more than ever as a point to rally behind.  Something to call our own, something to call our home, and something for us to protect.  Build a tradition, make it an UNBULL-IEVEABLE entrance bring back the excitement.  I was watching highlights of some college football best entrances and those are special moments for players and we should not deny them or the fans any longer.....

one more thing this games was merely 11 years into our program's existence.  Which is simply incredible.  It wont be easy, but it is not unrealistic.  We have to still bullieve in our program that we can build something truly special in the Tampa community.  #USFOCS2024

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

While the WVU game is undoubtedly our peak, its unrealistic to expect USF to have that kind of atmosphere for every game (although it should be the goal). 
In terms of a more realistic and still awesome goal for us to try and attain again I always refer back to this video against UNC.

The lower bowl being completely packed (40K+), the student section being so loud the qb cant hear the play, an awesome atmosphere in general against an average opponent - this IMO is where the program needs to be on a yearly basis…with an OCS 😅

Edited by zarnozdabull

Absolutely. I forgot to mention the OCS seating around 40K which could added to later....Its about the energy and emotion build-up for everyone.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Yep, our Glory Day's when USF was referred to as the program on the move, the one to watch. But...sadly we have watched all the other programs move forward as we keep backing up. I watched Tulane play Okla yesterday..Tulane was a force. They have improved so much under Fritsch(?). We now are the "for sure" win for teams playing us no longer Tulane or SMU or Temple or....Very much a Bummer

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I think 40,000 is perfect.  I know the RJS argument is legit, however, getting 18-20 year old kids to walk across campus or get on a bus?  

With a 40K seat stadium our season tickets would go up, students would come, and we would absolutely win some of the fans back.  We would have a stadium that looked more full than empty like when you look around RJS seating its looks like no one is there.  There is no intimacy we need the fans to make a difference on game day.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Who wants to show the Orange Bowl photoshopped onto campus? Its not an OCS discussion without it.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

I think start with a 35k-40k stadium. Doesn’t have to be a fancy 250 million stadium. We could play one big game a year at RJS if we wanted.

We need to focus on winning, playing exciting football and having 25-30k in seats for every game. That would be more fun and energetic than having 15-20k in a 65k stadium 

I’m hoping this will wake up our leaders and that our new President is finally one that is Pro Athletics 

• Upvote 1