• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, CycleBull said:

When others stop sending memes I will add this to the list. 

I was asking a legitimate question, I hadnt seen an official reason, the timing hit me as i was driving back from Raleigh, thanks for the info

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

33 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

I was asking a legitimate question, I hadnt seen an official reason, the timing hit me as i was driving back from Raleigh, thanks for the info

It is a great question.

I am at another unnamed Florida University and our president is also leaving. They made it sound like he is getting promoted to another position but it is BS. The faculty hated the guy, the students hated the guy.  He came and told our faculty that if we failed ANY students we were bad professors. (He wanted to jump in the five year graduation rate).  

He threw about 4-5 professors out who were voted "in" for tenure. They had department support, chair support, dean support, and university wide faculty support and he just threw the contract out and turned them down. He also snooped on faculty email (because he could he said). 

I wonder what the true story is with USF's president leaving. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, No_Willie_Jokes_Yet said:

It is a great question.

I am at another unnamed Florida University and our president is also leaving. They made it sound like he is getting promoted to another position but it is BS. The faculty hated the guy, the students hated the guy.  He came and told our faculty that if we failed ANY students we were bad professors. (He wanted to jump in the five year graduation rate).  

He threw about 4-5 professors out who were voted "in" for tenure. They had department support, chair support, dean support, and university wide faculty support and he just threw the contract out and turned them down. He also snooped on faculty email (because he could he said). 

Been a long time, didn't know you were back in FLA.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, No_Willie_Jokes_Yet said:

It is a great question.

That usually leads to a vote of non confidence unless it was something political. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Like any unexpected high level resignation, there have been a number of reasons including his own and rumors around racism along with selling the golf course area. That’s all I got.  

Sold the golf course area?  For reals?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

Add consolidation to the list if things that could have stressed him out.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, CycleBull said:

Add consolidation to the list if things that could have stressed him out.

Well we know the football program did not stress him out…

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, CycleBull said:

I can’t imagine being the President of a university and having to deal with our friend Covid. Speaking for myself, Covid made work a little more difficult and it hasn’t stopped. Read his statement below on leaving. There is probably more to it, but I’d say his role was extremely stressful. Throw on the fact that people lived differently and now are viewing life a little differently, I think I can understand his statement. What am I missing?

“The intensity of the past two years has put a strain on my health and my family. Therefore, after thoughtful reflection, I have decided to retire from the USF presidency to ensure that I preserve my health, as well as to spend more time with my wife, Cheyenne, and my 91-year-old father.” 

All I read is "I was hoping for an easy job, and this isn't it, so I'm gonna take that $ and quit."

Being a president of anything WILL have stress factors beyond what many are ready for.  If you can't handle it, you should know up front, so GTFO.

1 hour ago, dausfbulls11 said:

There were some accusations that he wasn't doing enough about some grievances (you can Google them and it outlines it, I think we are all avoiding due to the state of US politics).  So he stepped down.

The timing was just the worst possible time and we new this realignment was about to happen.  It is peak USF.

Edited by Rocky Style

30 minutes ago, No_Willie_Jokes_Yet said:

He came and told our faculty that if we failed ANY students we were bad professors. (He wanted to jump in the five year graduation rate).  

I'm glad I got to go to college long before this era.