• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build a stadium on campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

USF is one of the schools that the Big 12 is considering regarding expansion and I would not be surprised if an on campus stadium is a requirement for a future Big 12 invite.  I would bet good money that Weatherford and others have had this conversation with the Big 12 executives and have some type of agreement if we build it then we get an invite when they go to 16 teams.  Now that we have the indoor practice facility underway let's go all it and build a 40K on campus stadium so we can elevate the USF experience.  Game day would be awesome on campus!!  Everyone on this board should get behind this initiative.     

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull Nut said:

It may very well be lip service, but hell it's good news no matter how hard you try to spin it to a negative.

If I announce my intention to be the richest person in the world should my family take that as better news than saying I brought on a new customer and am bringing in $10k more a month effective immediately? 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They won 9 NATIONAL TITLES w/o a on campus Stadium and competing with a popular NFL team. 

I'm counting 5...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, puc86 said:

If I announce my intention to be the richest person in the world should my family take that as better news than saying I brought on a new customer and am bringing in $10k more a month effective immediately? 

If I were your family I'd say you need both now get back to work. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

I'm counting 5...

Feel free to use  service called "google" to look up the rest my friend. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull Nut said:

If I were your family I'd say you need both now get back to work. 

Hahahahaha but I don’t get paid by the hour and how and during what hours I choose to complete their jobs is none of their concern 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

12 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They won 9 NATIONAL TITLES w/o a on campus Stadium and competing with a popular NFL team. 

That has absolutely ZERO to do with this discussion.  Nobody has said we need an OCS to win a championship (it's going to take a lot more than that these days to win a national title anyway).

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

Get this stadium in the works. Next step is to get AAU accredited. When that happens and the next expansion comes around assuming we can start winning in 2-3 years we will be prime candidate for the B1G yes I said it. They have no footprint in Florida but we need that AAU status and we are the next Florida school in line to get it.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

12 minutes ago, 86atlbull said:

USF is one of the schools that the Big 12 is considering regarding expansion and I would not be surprised if an on campus stadium is a requirement for a future Big 12 invite.  I would bet good money that Weatherford and others have had this conversation with the Big 12 executives and have some type of agreement if we build it then we get an invite when they go to 16 teams.  Now that we have the indoor practice facility underway let's go all it and build a 40K on campus stadium so we can elevate the USF experience.  Game day would be awesome on campus!!  Everyone on this board should get behind this initiative.     

At the very least, it may have been mentioned as part of the issue with USF.   I doubt they care where we play the games, but they may very well care about the environment and excitement for football at USF

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

That has absolutely ZERO to do with this discussion.  Nobody has said we need an OCS to win a championship (it's going to take a lot more than that these days to win a national title anyway).

That is the ULTIMATE GOAL of every college football team. Would you prefer 9 national titles or 0 national titles but a pretty stadium? There are plenty of college football teams with pretty a$$ stadiums, but no National titles or "on field" success. 

Edited by Gatorbull325