• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletics Scheduling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

I know that this is mostly out of Athletics hands for the most part and decided by the AAC/ESPN, but I will never understand why other sports end up with games at the same time as Football (especially if there are games at home.) The #23 ranked Women's soccer team is hosting #22 Tennessee tonight and that game starts 30min prior to Kickoff, and the Men's team is away at FGCU at the same time. Both of those games should have been aimed to play tomorrow, especially the Women's game so there could be more in attendance against another SEC school.

Like I said, I know it's mostly out of USF's control but man is it dumb.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

3 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

I know that this is mostly out of Athletics hands for the most part and decided by the AAC/ESPN, but I will never understand why other sports end up with games at the same time as Football (especially if there are games at home.) The #23 ranked Women's soccer team is hosting #22 Tennessee tonight and that game starts 30min prior to Kickoff, and the Men's team is away at FGCU at the same time. Both of those games should have been aimed to play tomorrow, especially the Women's game so there could be more in attendance against another SEC school.

you are so right

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Almost every school has all of their athletics televised so there is no way everyone will be happy. It does seem the soccer always plays on a Thursday however. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Almost every school has all of their athletics televised so there is no way everyone will be happy. It does seem the soccer always plays on a Thursday however. 

NC State WSOC are playing in Greensboro tonight. This isn’t a USF “thing” ….

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

NC State WSOC are playing in Greensboro tonight. This isn’t a USF “thing” ….

Understood, that’s why I didn’t say “USF” soccer. It looks like that sport has a lot Thursday games ncaa wise. 

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Understood, that’s why I didn’t say “USF” soccer. It looks like that sport has a lot Thursday games ncaa wise. 

That's the case right now but is set to change in the next couple years. Coaches (including ours) have been working on getting the sport to run year round rather than over one semester. Once that's done, teams will play a game a week and two games a week will become a rarity. Of course, this will mean more conflicts with Saturday football.

16 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

That's the case right now but is set to change in the next couple years. Coaches (including ours) have been working on getting the sport to run year round rather than over one semester. Once that's done, teams will play a game a week and two games a week will become a rarity. Of course, this will mean more conflicts with Saturday football.

Interesting strategy…year round 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Is the soccer game on TV? You know, on the off chance USF football doesn't live up to expectations.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was just confirming what you said …. giving more of an air of credibility.