• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting thought

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

55 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The G5 has always been that. Wait a few years until they don’t even bother playing us. 

You're really winging it today...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

You're really winging it today...

Yeah that **** B12 shot…

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Brad said:

What has caused leaders, in so many places, to become such weak-willed, spineless wimps?  The threat of public ridicule?

Yeah i hate this trend too. The fad of "servant leadership" often goes too far to pacify people creating phony outrage on social media and elsewhere. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Brad said:

USF, AAC, et al, become the minor leagues for the SEC and maybe the entire A4.  

I would hate that. Although I do like that players have freedom to transfer if they want especially the red shirt juniors who have graduated.

I don't think it's ever a good idea to block a player from going anyhere if that's what they wanna do. 

We wouldn't even have a transfer portal if not for a few instances like Corey Sutton at KSU or Tom Savage at Rutgers where the coaches were jerks.

usa_today_9698435.0.jpg

Corey Sutton initially asked for his release earlier this month.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fespn%2Fespn_logos%2Fespn_re

So much for hopes that Tom Savage could make a clean getaway from Rutgers.The Miami Herald has reported that the former Scarlet Knights quarterback has drawn...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  82
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Capitalism

liberalism

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

20 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The G5 has always been that. Wait a few years until they don’t even bother playing us. 

I don't see how this will work mathematically.  The big name teams want 7 or even 8 home games per year... there's not enough schools in the "P-4" - even if all of the conferences go to 9 conference games.

Just look at how these teams have been mostly unable to stop playing F.C.S. teams.  If they can't wean themselves off the pay day games, how is Alabama or Ohio State gonna try to bring enough P-4 teams in to flesh out their schedule?  Will Purdue or Oregon State or Duke or Vanderbilt really be open to playing their OOC games on the road?  And the marquee programs are not going to play all marquee OOC (Ohio State @ Texas, vs Alabama, and @Florida State before 9 Big Ten games??) nor will they want to play the lesser P-4 teams (Ohio State @ Viriginia? Alabama @ Indiana?) when they can play just about anyone in the G-5 or FCS just by picking up the phone.

All this talk of the top conference breaking away is just that ... talk. When they start actually looking at the details, they will realize it would dramatically alter the economics, and not in a good way for at least half of them.

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

58 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I don't see how this will work mathematically.  The big name teams want 7 or even 8 home games per year... there's not enough schools in the "P-4" - even if all of the conferences go to 9 conference games.

Just look at how these teams have been mostly unable to stop playing F.C.S. teams.  If they can't wean themselves off the pay day games, how is Alabama or Ohio State gonna try to bring enough P-4 teams in to flesh out their schedule?  Will Purdue or Oregon State or Duke or Vanderbilt really be open to playing their OOC games on the road?  And the marquee programs are not going to play all marquee OOC (Ohio State @ Texas, vs Alabama, and @Florida State before 9 Big Ten games??) nor will they want to play the lesser P-4 teams (Ohio State @ Viriginia? Alabama @ Indiana?) when they can play just about anyone in the G-5 or FCS just by picking up the phone.

All this talk of the top conference breaking away is just that ... talk. When they start actually looking at the details, they will realize it would dramatically alter the economics, and not in a good way for at least half of them.

Appears that the scheduling alliance between the ACC, B10, and PAC12 will be announced next week. Let’s see what happens. Will they go to 10 games within the alliance and conference? Flying from the west to east once a year is really not that much of a big deal. Further, if you play 9 conference games you’re  only talking one or two more games that might me longer travel. With all of the money these three conferences make it “may” not be that big of a deal. Keep in mind the primary reason for the alliance is to have a voting block against the SEC.   Yes, mathematically they will still need P4 games I just don’t think they are going to be that plentiful. Further, these teams may want to play it safe with the difficultly of a schedule and play teams easier than those in the AAC. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, rollinbull said:

liberalism

Liberal capitalism

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

Lets be honest this pay for play will wreck college football. Now it seems  everyone is kidding themselves there is the SEC and all of the rest of us.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

22 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Appears that the scheduling alliance between the ACC, B10, and PAC12 will be announced next week. Let’s see what happens. Will they go to 10 games within the alliance and conference? Flying from the west to east once a year is really not that much of a big deal. Further, if you play 9 conference games you’re  only talking one or two more games that might me longer travel. With all of the money these three conferences make it “may” not be that big of a deal. Keep in mind the primary reason for the alliance is to have a voting block against the SEC.   Yes, mathematically they will still need P4 games I just don’t think they are going to be that plentiful. Further, these teams may want to play it safe with the difficultly of a schedule and play teams easier than those in the AAC. 

Well, OOC games will not be as plentiful is virtually guaranteed when going from 8 to 9 conference games for sure.  I could see if they agree to schedule 1 game internally...

The biggest issue isn't travel costs... it's placating the donor base with as many home games as possible.  Look at the OOC games for the P5 teams -- if they aren't considered marquee (Alabama vs Miami) then they are nearly all home games... even for the "lower tier" of the P-5.  https://fbschedules.com/future-college-football-schedules/