• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Baseball Tournament Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Bulls win, bulls win, thEeEeEeEe Bulls win!!!! Jasiak went 8 & 2/3rd, Kerkering cleaned up the last out on 3 straight pitches

I dont remember if we have ever been in the last 4, maybe once out of the losers bracket, but certainly never with the first two wins

I think you are correct. It’s nice getting this second win and everyone getting another day of rest. Will not know who we play until tomorrow’s games are completed so this is a nice feeling. Regardless, you have to think one way or another we will play ucf. 

USF will face the winner of Friday’s game between Wichita State and Tulane on Saturday for a chance to play in the title game.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think you are correct. It’s nice getting this second win and everyone getting another day of rest. Will not know who we play until tomorrow’s games are completed so this is a nice feeling. Regardless, you have to think one way or another we will play ucf. 

USF will face the winner of Friday’s game between Wichita State and Tulane on Saturday for a chance to play in the title game.

17 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Into the semifinals against WSU/Tulane winner.   Bulls just need to win once to make it to the finals.  As Jonesy says, if we just keep winning we will be ok

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

So if we do win out and take the crown, does that mean we finally escape the purgatory of the Gainesville Regional?

3 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

So if we do win out and take the crown, does that mean we finally escape the purgatory of the Gainesville Regional?

Maybe, maybe not.  But it means we make it back to the tourney.  Probably the only way we get in.

But we're in the final four of the tourney and at least have a decent shot at being in the final.   Time to start giving Mohl some credit

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

WOW! Jasiak. Heroic. Oh, and nice job by the folks running the AAC website . . . according to them, Tulane won 5-0.

E92503D9-82C5-407E-BDA7-52B0635D9335.png

Interested to see how the starters go from here. Burns? Lord? Stuart? All about the same. Pick one out of the hat and see if he steps up to the challenge.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

Stuart and Lord combined for a nice outing the other day against ECU.   Could see something similar again Saturday.  Or might run with Burns who has been pretty good lately I believe

Edited by chapelbull
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Stuart and Lord combined for a nice outing the other day against ECU.   Could see something similar again Saturday.  Or might run with Burns who has been pretty good lately I believe

Maybe time to go to the “opener” like the Rays did/do. And Kerkering could be big since Jack went so deep today.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Maybe time to go to the “opener” like the Rays did/do. And Kerkering could be big since Jack went so deep today.

It seems like that is what Mohl has done more of here later in the season.  He combined Sullivan, Burns and Logan last weekend against ECU.  We lost, but all three threw pretty well.   I expect we'll see something like that here on out unless someone is just throwing lights out like Jaziak did tonight.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

My guess is Burns goes on Saturday if healthy.  He was used in a weird way last week, only 3 innings in middle relief vs ECU.  He threw about 50 pitches so I'm guessing he's ok and they were trying to save him.  We had nothing to play for as our seed was set in stone.  In my opinion he was our best pitcher over the last month.  That guy can accumulate outs quick.  If he's healthy I like our chances.  He shut down Wichita State earlier in the season.  If we lose and have to play another on Saturday it leaves Baron Stuart, Brad Lord, and Joseph Sanchez...or a combination of all three.  Logan Lyle should be good by then too and Kerkering only threw 4 pitches so we are in great shape.  The other positive is we have Sullivan on Sunday if need be.  Billy pulled him early on Tuesday night.  He could have pitched another inning or two as he was cruising.  That move could prove to be genius by Billy.

I've seen a ton of USF baseball over the last 15 years.  I can't remember any tournament where we were in the Winners Bracket after 2 games.  Hard to believe but I think its true.

So come on out to the game Saturday and cheer on the Green and Gold!  At $8 its money well spent.  Game time will be around 12:30 or 1:00.

Go Bulls Go!  And now a Victory Beer!

20210527_221329.jpg

• Upvote 1