• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Florida Schools to Allow Athletes to Profit...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

35 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Fair enough but I think the Venn diagram of those in the fans without youthful memories of a team and recent multi millionaire Usf graduates creates a rather narrow union for us to target, however as the eternal optimist that can be a positive as it’s fairly easy to identify and target those individuals (even if I think it would be easier to be able to take a machine gun approach).

I don’t disagree but there are plenty of us on this site that never attended a USF football game as a student, in fact the majority of the TBP falls in this category. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Looking through each 4 year period in our program history I think every student has had fun opportunities around USF football. If you attended USF from 2011 to 2014 sure you never saw a winning season, but you at least got to see USF beat Notre Dame and start a season ranked with 3 straight home games over 45k attendance. 

Current 4th year students have come off back to back boring seasons (4-8 with Charlie and 1-8 with Scott). But that 7-6 year with Charlie Strong did see the team start off as 7-0, granted they were obvious frauds that doesn't take anything away from a fun gameday as a student.

However if the next 2 seasons are each disappointments we'll have a class that never saw USF football as anything but a laughingstock. Lets hope Jeff Scott can produce a product that will generate some buzz around campus.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

54 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t disagree but there are plenty of us on this site that never attended a USF football game as a student, in fact the majority of the TBP falls in this category. 

This is very correct 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

59 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is very correct 

Old people like sports more, young people need to be given a reason to care

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Old people like sports more, young people need to be given a reason to care

When I was younger I liked sports more than I do now and didn’t need a reason to care.  

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

When I was younger I liked sports more than I do now and didn’t need a reason to care.  

The times they are a changing, everyone is having trouble capturing the younger market share for watching sports, it doesn’t help if you squander the time you have them as a captive audience already forced to pay to attend your events 

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The times they are a changing, everyone is having trouble capturing the younger market share for watching sports, it doesn’t help if you squander the time you have them as a captive audience already forced to pay to attend your events 

I get it, kinda like when video killed the radio star.  We didn’t have no internet but man I never will forget the way the moonlight shined upon her hair.  A simpler time, when a smoke was a smoke.  She bop, he bob, we bop, I bop……..yeah I guess things have changed.  I only threw in the last lyric because Jonesy was a huge Cyndi Lauper fan back in the day.  He actually organized her first fan club in Florida many years ago.

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I get it, kinda like when video killed the radio star.  We didn’t have no internet but man I never will forget the way the moonlight shined upon her hair.  A simpler time, when a smoke was a smoke.  She bop, he bob, we bop, I bop……..yeah I guess things have changed.  I only threw in the last lyric because Jonesy was a huge Cyndi Lauper fan back in the day.  He actually organized her first fan club in Florida many years ago.

It happens time after time at some point in life the picture is going to fade and the darkness has turned to grey. 

• Upvote 1