• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MLB Season Talk

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Nelson Cruz heading to the rays 

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0217%2Fr816012_1

The Tampa Bay Rays are finalizing a deal to acquire slugger Nelson...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Bonafide hitter.  We'll see how this effects the outfield defense and if this can get us over the top.   At any rate, it's nice to see us be a buyer finally

No problem for the yankmees .... trade for Gallo and Rizzo in the same day.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0729%2Fr887762_1

The Yankees are finalizing a deal to acquire first baseman Anthony Rizzo from the Cubs, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan.
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0831%2Fr738736_1

The Yankees completed their trade for All-Star Joey Gallo on Thursday, and manager Aaron Boone told reporters that he has already welcomed Joey Gallo to the team.

Rays supposedly in talks with the Cubs for Bryant and Kimbrel.   After dealing Castillo to the Mariners last night, they need this deal (to go with the Cruz get) or it's more or less business as usual since the yankmees, red sux, and jays all got better at the deadline

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jonesy Bull

The stretch run in Baseball is set to begin, and the AL East race is heating up.  The Yanks just over took the Red Sox and are charging.  The Rays continue to win, somehow someway.

East W-L PCT GB WCGB L10 STRK
Logo of the Tampa Bay Rays
Rays 74-47 .612 - - 7-3 W3
Logo of the New York Yankees
Yankees 69-52 .570 5 1 8-2 W6
Logo of the Boston Red Sox
Red Sox 69-54 .561 6 - 4-6 L3
Logo of the Toronto Blue Jays
Blue Jays 63-56 .529 10 4 4-6 L2
Logo of the Baltimore Orioles
Orioles 38-81 .319 35 29 0-10 L14

• 3 weeks later...

Rays 9.5 up on yankees and 10 up on the boston. Rays have clinched a playoff spot and are tied for the 2nd best record in MLB.

Guest Jonesy Bull
14 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Rays 9.5 up on yankees and 10 up on the boston. Rays have clinched a playoff spot and are tied for the 2nd best record in MLB.

Its unbelievable to me that the Rays are in this position and running away with the Division.  I didn't think this team had this type of play in them, but I was wrong.

The real interesting play down the stretch is the Wild Card race.  Its going down to the wire between these teams.

image.png 

Blue jays might be the hottest team in baseball right now. Was in 4th and now have jumped Boston and the Yankees for 2nd in east. Rays lead in the division at 8

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Blue jays might be the hottest team in baseball right now. Was in 4th and now have jumped Boston and the Yankees for 2nd in east. Rays lead in the division at 8

You know what smells like ****?  The Northeast Media and their ******* ridiculous idiotic fans.

Yes, I'm calling out you Boston and Yankee fans mostly......Rays are 10 games up on you *******.  And you the networks and your stupid ass fans act like you are going to win the World Series.  

NEWS FLASH - You guys are fighting to make even a one game wild card game.  While the Rays are kicking your sorry asses......Good Luck, and tell your stupid ass Media that you aint all that.....In fact, Tampa Bay is ALL THAT......like it or not.

Guest Jonesy Bull

I had a couple of beverages last night....sorry for my previous post.  

The MLB race is very interesting and a lot of good teams fighting for the Wild Cards.  It makes it is actually very fascinating and will make for exciting baseball down the stretch.

I just get ticked off at the Media constantly dissing the Rays like they don't belong, it gets me riled up.  But my post was a little harsh.  Apologies.