• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

MLB Season Talk

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

I don't think MLB wants that in general.  They prefer to have the status quo.....which also makes it that much better when the Rays to beat the ultra privileged teams.  Its almost like "take that bitches, we can do it because we are smarter than you"!

You have to include the KC Royals in there to as they have done a few times as well with a few championships. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You have to include the KC Royals in there to as they have done a few times as well with a few championships. 

Oakland A's too.  They are always in the mix.

7 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

No its not your fault for the teams being rich.  Its just envy on my part I suppose.  The Yankees and Sox are blessed to have big markets and big pockets.  I'm sure if Tampa had that, they would exploit it too.

Tampa Bay does it the way they only can, which some years means good fortune, other years mean bad fortune.  They have to hit on everything perfectly, which is impossible to do, but they are pretty decent at it.

I'm just happy that the 3 teams are always in contention and are rivals.  Its great for Tampa being in the same division with 2 of the most esteemed teams in the leaque.  Makes Tampa relevant.

I do hope some way some how you guys get a stadium in Tampa. I personally think that will have a tremendous effect on revenue via attendance and even higher interest. Never understood the whole St. Pete thing (and I was there when the Dome was built and attended Lightening and Storm games there). 

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Oakland A's too.  They are always in the mix.

Yes, indeed and I was thinking Arizona as well. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I'm also glad that your Red Sox are good again.  It always it more fun when they are in the mix.  The Trop is always jumping for those 2 teams.....besides, don't like the Red Sox, but if I had to pick, Go Sox over the Yanks all the time.

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I only remember one championship, but I get your point.

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

I'm also glad that your Red Sox are good again.  It always it more fun when they are in the mix.  The Trop is always jumping for those 2 teams.....besides, don't like the Red Sox, but if I had to pick, Go Sox over the Yanks all the time.

😂😂 well I’ll take that support all day. It’s interesting that I returned back to baseball this year. Not sure why other than the fact my USF teams suck bad...maybe I just need a somewhat decent team to follow. Good I hope USF football does something this year..so **** depressing. 

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I only remember one championship, but I get your point.

I believe they have two...one was back in the 1980s though. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I do hope some way some how you guys get a stadium in Tampa. I personally think that will have a tremendous effect on revenue via attendance and even higher interest. Never understood the whole St. Pete thing (and I was there when the Dome was built and attended Lightening and Storm games there). 

Yes, indeed and I was thinking Arizona as well. 

That is the never ending saga that seems to have no real plan or ending in sight.  I personally think that there is no way they can play in St. Pete long term.  They could thrive in Tampa I believe, cause it has such a young and Yuppie vibe in downtown Tampa that has never been there before..

I actually think that Sternberg is playing the long game to see what he can get financially.  There is no other place than Tampa that the Rays are beloved.  The Stadium attendance not withstanding.

If they move, oh well.  I'm ok either way.  As they say, you can't control what you can't control.

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

😂😂 well I’ll take that support all day. It’s interesting that I returned back to baseball this year. Not sure why other than the fact my USF teams suck bad...maybe I just need a somewhat decent team to follow. Good I hope USF football does something this year..so **** depressing. 

I think the Red Sox will make your Summer interesting and fun.  I also think better days ahead for our Football team.   Right now, I'm mostly hoping for a Lightning run, but that is iffy at this point.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

17 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Maybe because Red Sux fans are bandwagon fans just like everyone else ......