• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB Gets Transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, chapelbull said:

FIFY

It wasn't a "springboard" because the key piece was injured .... the fact that you keep ignoring that shows just how disingenuous you really are ..... 

If the only player Gregory had on this team was Yetna then he had no team. The lengths you will go to make excuses for a below average coach amazes even me. 

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

I don't think anyone is saying right now that CBG totally is the answer but totally ignoring the facts about what was done his second year and the circumstances of these last two year is indeed disingenuous. 

I will say it again, although there appears to be selective memory from a few of you, but what Gregory did in Year 2 after taking over for Antigua was nothing short of amazing. It far exceeded anyone's expectations, but my issues is that it never translated to anything. I understand the Yetna argument in Year 3, but even with Yetna, Gregory has always been a terrible offensive coach.

Now he is tasked with replacing the roster with what appears to be low-to-mid major rejects, and is asked to bolt it all together and finally find a way to coach offense? I'm sorry, but I have seen enough poor offense and blown second half leads in the 124 games that this guy has coached at USF to know that we are just going to be right back here next year rebuilding with a new coaching staff.

Now is the time to make a move, but it appears this is going to be Charlie Strong 2019 all over again.

• Topic Count:  356
  • Content Count:  4,102
  • Days Won:  56

Recruiting some guys who can make a few open shots from the field and the line will make his offense look a lot better.

40 minutes ago, Dave Glaser said:

Recruiting some guys who can make a few open shots from the field and the line will make his offense look a lot better.

Agreed, but I have to ask the question, if the only legitimate outside shooter we have had in 4 years is Justin Brown, what makes us think Gregory can recruit those kind of players? And more importantly, how will he be able to do it when there is a cloud of an investigation hanging over his head for allowing racist behavior to occur in his program (allegedly)?

If we don't have Yetna to run this offense through next season, how will this team ever be successful enough next season to warrant Gregory returning for Year 6? The last I saw was Yetna was in the portal and according to @chapelbull this Gregory's offense can't function without him, and by function I mean finish around #230 in OER.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,550
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

I will say it again, although there appears to be selective memory from a few of you, but what Gregory did in Year 2 after taking over for Antigua was nothing short of amazing

Only selective memory here about that is you. You pretty much ignored that second year or denigrated it, so you can just knock that ******** off. Nobody's buying it ...

but even with Yetna, Gregory has always been a terrible offensive coach.

So was Heath .... CBG has had 7 20 win seasons, with 6 NIT/NCAA, 4/2, appearances so he's obviously had some success in spite of being a "terrible offensive coach." I hope he gets the chance to try and complete the build here because the program needs some sort of stability but have no idea if he gets that chance now. Just hoping you're as wrong about Gregory as you were about Taggart ...

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Agreed, but I have to ask the question, if the only legitimate outside shooter we have had in 4 years is Justin Brown, what makes us think Gregory can recruit those kind of players? And more importantly, how will he be able to do it when there is a cloud of an investigation hanging over his head for allowing racist behavior to occur in his program (allegedly)?

If we don't have Yetna to run this offense through next season, how will this team ever be successful enough next season to warrant Gregory returning for Year 6? The last I saw was Yetna was in the portal and according to @chapelbull this Gregory's offense can't function without him, and by function I mean finish around #230 in OER.

This offense definitely did not run through Yetna. He cleaned up the slop and knocked down the open threes when teams collapsed in the paint. It was The David Collins Show and that was the main problem. Love that he brought this program back from the dead, but the inconsistency, questionable offensive decision making and poor FT shooting is no way to run an offense if you are looking for regular success. It's been that way for the past three years, outside of a few games where there was a concerted effort to get Durr going.

There are definitely some holes to fill up front next year, but I'm really looking forward to see what Caleb Murphy can do when the offense is focused on him. Also looking forward to see what this team looks like with an actual point guard running the show. All this talk about lack of recruiting is nonsense when you have the #2 PG in the FL HS BB coming in next year.

Edited by Fold FB Invest in BB
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Only selective memory here about that is you. You pretty much ignored that second year or denigrated it, so you can just knock that ******** off. Nobody's buying it ...

So was Heath .... CBG has had 7 20 win seasons, with 6 NIT/NCAA, 4/2, appearances so he's obviously had some success in spite of being a "terrible offensive coach." I hope he gets the chance to try and complete the build here because the program needs some sort of stability but have no idea if he gets that chance now. Just hoping you're as wrong about Gregory as you were about Taggart ...

Nobody is talking about Heath...strawman argument.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,550
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

Nobody is talking about Heath...strawman argument.

The fact that that is your only rebuttal to that post means my work here is done and will now just sit back to wait and see how this latest episode of "Days of Our USFMBB" turns out ...

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The fact that that is your only rebuttal to that post means my work here is done and will now just sit back to wait and see how this latest episode of "Days of Our USFMBB" turns out ...

That's the only rebuttal for a non-answer.

At this point all we can do is exactly what you said, and sit back and wait. Gregory appears to be staying for Year 5 unless the investigation turns up something else or Kelly feels that whatever role Gregory played doesn't warrant dismissal. We'll just have to see how well he can recruit the portal this go around and put it all together. Maybe by not having Collins around anymore Gregory won't be hostage to his ball hogging late in games.

Edited by bjef4844

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

And now we hear of second transfer coming in

Freshmen from University of Denver will have 4 years eligibility. 6’6 Forward Sam Hines Jr. avg  10.6 points and 5.8 rbs per game and started 18 of 20 games as a freshmen. Another Georgia guy