• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Judy...Judy...Judy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

39 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I was recently laid off and am looking for a job right now.  I hope to God that our Football program is not the determining factor!

Let us know what you are looking for and maybe some of us can help!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Actually, to me, this is a kind of indicator that the problem isn't primarily on USF. Lee Roy took over our athletics fundraising organization in 2004, just as we headed into the Big East. He was barely able to move the needle the whole time he was with us, if the figures here are accurate. If HE wasn't able to do it, with the highest level of college football tag, this tells me we're maybe trying to get blood from a stone.

Having said all that, VPAMK was able to make a huge jump in Contributions his first year. Not sure what all that indicates but maybe hope for the future ....... if we can get through this ************* pandemic.

Everybody loved LRS including me but I remember hearing that he was not committed to putting in the time necessary, he was more of a figurehead.  Some of it I am sure had to do with his medical issues.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I was recently laid off and am looking for a job right now.  I hope to God that our Football program is not the determining factor!

Sorry to hear that Jonesy, hope you get something soon.  If our football team was the deciding factor than most of us would be working at McDonald’s.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I still wish she had done more...football could have been elevated while still having academic excellence...this was a fail. 

If LeRoy was still alive USF would not be in the position it’s in.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

To play devil's advocate,

Lol no way in hell USF is ever going to be recognized in every day conversation outside of Tampa for its "academic status." I'm sorry, I'm even an education graduate but its the reality. No one will look at your resume and say, "holy crap you went to USF?? Thats such an amazing academic school!" But they might say, "oh you went to that school that had those couple of undefeated seasons and claims a national title?" 🙄

I'm sorry but its the truth. Even if we pass FSU in academic standards no one will care, FSU is always going to be more "recognizable" than USF in every sense. When we were #2 we were the talk of the nation and no one cares now.

USF winning a conference title in football would give me more pure joy and happiness (tell me I'm wrong) than any "pre-eminent status" stuff. Sounds ignorant but its the truth.

True for now but give it time to grow in reputation. Ten years will give two classes to help propagate this status.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Sorry to say but football is not the future. 

The next generation will just not be as into it. 

We have made/are making the right decisions. 

$50m+ for a bounce house will not look great down the road when football is bringing in a third of the revenue in 10+ years. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Sorry to say but football is not the future. 

The next generation will just not be as into it. 

We have made/are making the right decisions. 

$50m+ for a bounce house will not look great down the road when football is bringing in a third of the revenue in 10+ years. 

If that’s the case, then just shut it down.  Just don’t claim to be all in and half ass it.  That helps nothing.

In the halls of PE firms, law firms, certain areas of banks, etc... in DC, NY, SF... no one cares about "a couple of undefeated seasons". Academics wins the day. 

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

If that’s the case, then just shut it down.  Just don’t claim to be all in and half ass it.  That helps nothing.

Agree to disagree. We have athletics to round out a student's education. We don't need to shut down club hockey, or tennis, just because we aren't national powerhouses in national powerhouse sports. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, hm101 said:

Agree to disagree. We have athletics to round out a student's education. We don't need to shut down club hockey, or tennis, just because we aren't national powerhouses in national powerhouse sports. 

I hear what you’re saying and I’m not against club hockey, tennis etc.  Just get out of the business of D1 FBS football if you’re not fully committed.  

To go back you your previous premise about 10 years down the road.  It will be interesting to see where the turds in Oviedo are in 10 years and where USF ends up.