• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well this isn’t good... (USF has postponed all men's basketball until further notice)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Texas and Florida in the top half of least cases per 100k while wide open and California is in the bottom half with overly aggressive restrictive measures.  I think some bragging by the two great GOP states is in order IMHO.  

Right...and 19 out of the top 20 worst are GOP states, too. California is 24th, Texas 29th, Florida 30th in cases per 100,000.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-confirmed-covid-19-cases-july-1.html

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, JTrue said:

I am only worried about the two that I spent most of my adult life in and that we are better than Cali and Smazza. 😀

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,315
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

Half as many people and half as many cases. We’re doing comparatively better just by virtue of our size. I don’t think either state should be bragging.

CA: 7,773 cases per 100,000

FL: 7,399 cases per 100,000

One is open and one was closed for a while ...  

Edited by Outlaw

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

One is open and one is closed.... makes you wonder about lockdowns and how effective they really are.

Does it? 19 of the top 20 worst states are open.

28 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Does it? 19 of the top 20 worst states are open.

Illinois and Rhode Island, cool which one flipped Red?  Wisconsin has a dim for a governor as well I think so not sure what you are referring to.  40 million people locked down in CA, 50 million in Texas and Florida wide open so that little experiment does not support your statement.  

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Illinois and Rhode Island, cool which one flipped Red?  Wisconsin has a dim for a governor as well I think so not sure what you are referring to.  40 million people locked down in CA, 50 million in Texas and Florida wide open so that little experiment does not support your statement.  

Ok

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

There are 54 people who live in New Hampshire and 3 got COVID. I am as safe as a bug in the rug 😂🤪

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

11 hours ago, JTrue said:

Half as many people and half as many cases. We’re doing comparatively better just by virtue of our size. I don’t think either state should be bragging.

CA: 7,773 cases per 100,000

FL: 7,399 cases per 100,000

When you have 39 and 28 million in population, that's quite a difference.  California also has more than double Florida's number of active cases.

6 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

When you have 39 and 28 million in population, that's quite a difference.  California also has more than double Florida's number of active cases.

It's almost like the more people you have in your state the easier it is for the virus to spread. Especially if you have high concentrations of people in small geographic areas.

Edited by JTrue

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

It's almost like the more people you have in your state the easier it is for the virus to spread. Especially if you have high concentrations of people in small geographic areas.

No **** Sherlock that was the point, nothing to do with lockdowns, GOP states etc.  All with the amount of people living on top of each other.