• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well this isn’t good... (USF has postponed all men's basketball until further notice)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

No **** Sherlock that was the point, nothing to do with lockdowns, GOP states etc.  All with the amount of people living on top of each other.  

The top 3 states with cases per 100,000 are North Dakota, South Dakota and Utah. I don’t think you can go with it being all about the amount of people living on top of each other driving those figures, can you?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

49 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The top 3 states with cases per 100,000 are North Dakota, South Dakota and Utah. I don’t think you can go with it being all about the amount of people living on top of each other driving those figures, can you?

Small states, small volatile sample size.  law of large numbers provide a more statistically relevant result which supports my hypothesis.  More people live in my neighborhood than the Dakotas (sarcasm font) and more people under one roof accelerate the spread in Utah, large families and multiples wives (sarcasm font).      What is your hypothesis Trips.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Small states, small volatile sample size.  law of large numbers provide a more statistically relevant result which supports my hypothesis.  More people live in my neighborhood than the Dakotas (sarcasm font) and more people under one roof accelerate the spread in Utah, large families and multiples wives (sarcasm font).      What is your hypothesis Trips.

My hypothesis is that we are going to die before seeing USF win a conference championship and play in a New Years Day bowl.  

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

My hypothesis is that we are going to die before seeing USF win a conference championship and play in a New Years Day bowl.  

So not next year? Should we change our motto?

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Not yet, both of us are on the wrong side of 50 so there is still a chance.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yeah at this point I am just in it for the pure miserableness of it all. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

For the purpose of this thread right now, I’ll just go with NEB’s hypothesis, with a tweak. In my case, replace “seeing USF win a conference championship” with “seeing USF play another basketball game”.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

For the purpose of this thread right now, I’ll just go with NEB’s hypothesis, with a tweak. In my case, replace “seeing USF win a conference championship” with “seeing USF play another basketball game”.

The nice thing about getting older, your expectations drop and you are more easily satisfied.  Good luck in your quest!

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

The nice thing about getting older, your expectations drop and you are more easily satisfied.  Good luck in your quest!

Never been a big expectations guy but certainly have less now than ever before when it comes to USF sports ..... I think the last ones to fall by the wayside were expecting in football to never lose to one of the F_U programs or a 1AA/FCS team. Willie took care of those last 2 for me ....

Guest Jonesy Bull
38 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Never been a big expectations guy but certainly have less now than ever before when it comes to USF sports ..... I think the last ones to fall by the wayside were expecting in football to never lose to one of the F_U programs or a 1AA/FCS team. Willie took care of those last 2 for me ....

Growing up and living in the Tampa area and USF as your alma mater, you are trained to never ever have high expectations or expect good things.  When it actually happens, you find yourself half dumbfounded/ in disbelief, and half exhilarated.