• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game Basketball discussion: Bulls at Cinci (Dec 16) 7 pm TV: ESPN2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

South Florida Bulls vs. Cincinnati

USF.jpg     vs.  Cincinnati Bearcats

Wednesday, December 16     7:00 PM EST
Fifth Third Arena     Cincinnati, Ohio
TV: ESPN2

8th scheduled game (7 played, 2 COVID impacted, 1 Replaced/ 1 cancelled)

site.png

The official 2020-21 Men's Basketball schedule for the University of South Florida Bulls

Edited by MikeG
Game number eliminated-- discussion thread-- who cares?

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

In this age of COVID19 - impact to schedules are sometimes fast and furious.

It causes EXTRA work for people organizing the game contests -- between cancelled and replacement teams cropping up. During the football season, Brad established that the original game number - even if cancelled for COVID19 reasons -- held it's position on our list of results and everything else recorded for the contest. So While YES -- THIS IS ONLY THE 7th GAME being played by men's basketball-- it is technically the 9th scheduled and overall 8th schedule date.

So if you see a game referred to as -- as in the case of Cinci this coming Dec 16th-- as Game 8, try not to get too critical of what actual game it represents. This game is simply-- "Cinci - Away" -  call it whatever you would like. I am going simply by a spreadsheet number I assigned it. Though I have had to change that several times. I know-- exciting times, right?

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

17 minutes ago, MikeG said:

In this age of COVID19 - impact to schedules are sometimes fast and furious.

It causes EXTRA work for people organizing the game contests -- between cancelled and replacement teams cropping up. During the football season, Brad established that the original game number - even if cancelled for COVID19 reasons -- held it's position on our list of results and everything else recorded for the contest. So While YES -- THIS IS ONLY THE 7th GAME being played by men's basketball-- it is technically the 9th scheduled and overall 8th schedule date.

So if you see a game referred to as -- as in the case of Cinci this coming Dec 16th-- as Game 8, try not to get too critical of what actual game it represents. This game is simply-- "Cinci - Away" -  call it whatever you would like. I am going simply by a spreadsheet number I assigned it. Though I have had to change that several times. I know-- exciting times, right?

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

According to current Sagarin ratings, Cincy should be favored by 10.

Guest Jonesy Bull

Encouraging win over Wofford .  saw some good things and bad things.  Good news is we found a way to win.  Anomoly or is this team starting to bond?  Either way Cincy a step or 2 above Wofford.  So not ready for this type of game yet imo.  So Cincy by 13.

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Game is on ESPN2

Guest Jonesy Bull

Will be tough.  We very rarely do well against this team even in the good years.

Still dont think we have gelled enough to beat them right now.  But maybe they gained enough confidence against Wofford to pull this out.  A team several steps ahead of FC.  We are getting better.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

13 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

But maybe they gained enough confidence against Wofford to pull this out.  A team several steps ahead of FC.  We are getting better.

GO BULLS!

Still talking about FC?? C’mon Jonesy let it go, game didn’t count and nobody cares and only about 100 people may have watched that game and you were not one of them.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Still talking about FC?? C’mon Jonesy let it go, game didn’t count and nobody cares and only about 100 people may have watched that game and you were not one of them.  

I know.  I mainly did it for your benefit.  Just having a little fun without being mean.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Have we ever won at Cincy? I don’t remember it happening .