• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Final breakdown of USF FB recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

19 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Top 100 at their position is not the best. Top 50 would be better

Skip never got a top 100 commit at their position. I bet Chuck didn't either. This is a solid class and one that will be remembered. Come on man get on the bus.

21 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I'm hoping we hang onto Tank Mamudi. VaTech is on him to flip. We need all the Dline help we can get.

247 say otherwise. Might go down to the wire.

BTW Carrollwood Day tries to up their status by pushing their alumni to go for the big grab.  My son went there.  Its a status thing with them.

Just something to wet the whistle, per 247 (I didn't take all of the article) 

"

While there's a lot of flipping and decommitments going on around the country as many programs close up shop for the 2020 college football season, many programs are being forced to drop long-tenured commits due to players on collegiate rosters electing to stay for another year of eligibility.

USF is going through that, as well.

Defensive tackle commit Jacquez Williams told Bulls247 on Wednesday afternoon that he will not sign this recruiting cycle and will be forced to wait until January 2022, because of a backlog of defensive tackles electing to stay on the roster."

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Just something to wet the whistle, per 247 (I didn't take all of the article) 

"

While there's a lot of flipping and decommitments going on around the country as many programs close up shop for the 2020 college football season, many programs are being forced to drop long-tenured commits due to players on collegiate rosters electing to stay for another year of eligibility.

USF is going through that, as well.

Defensive tackle commit Jacquez Williams told Bulls247 on Wednesday afternoon that he will not sign this recruiting cycle and will be forced to wait until January 2022, because of a backlog of defensive tackles electing to stay on the roster."

Makes sense, why would he want to sign with a middle to low tier AAC team that is clogged up at the position he wants to play.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

If anyone is bored tomorrow (friday), y'all need to find the Seminole/Apopka game and watch Timmy McClain play. It's a treat watching him and what we might see next season

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Makes sense, why would he want to sign with a middle to low tier AAC team that is clogged up at the position he wants to play.

Our DTs are trash except for Thad Magunum and Green. If he is not confident he can start over the other DTs or get playing time then he lacks the confidence for success. Im hoping pickney, kegler and Tyron Barber transfers out. I would add John Waller to this list but Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he worked on his conditioning this season he was "quarantining". Darrien Grant can kick rocks too. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Our DTs are trash except for Thad Magunum and Green. If he is not confident he can start over the other DTs or get playing time then he lacks the confidence for success. Im hoping pickney, kegler and Tyron Barber transfers out. I would add John Waller to this list but Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he worked on his conditioning this season he was "quarantining". Darrien Grant can kick rocks too. 

I think there are better programs that are in need. That being said, I hope all of our recruits sign early, personally. You’re right though, if they don’t want to be here they should move on

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Skip never got a top 100 commit at their position. I bet Chuck didn't either. This is a solid class and one that will be remembered. Come on man get on the bus.

Close... only 14 out of 20 of Skip's 2010 recruits were top 100 at their position. CJS is almost as good a recruiter as the most hated coach in USF history.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Close... only 14 out of 20 of Skip's 2010 recruits were top 100 at their position. CJS is almost as good a recruiter as the most hated coach in USF history.

2nd most hated .... CCS has a lot of bipartisan support.