• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This response did not answer the question.

Yes it did 

1 minute ago, Bull Nut said:

Unfortunately, we can only speculate as to why the artist depicted the demise of USF football in this manner...

I think Dan Brown covers it in one of his books

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Yes it did 

No...what exactly did that have to do with Leavitt. Your answer could have been used for dozens of threads but had no application to the question 

3 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Unfortunately, we can only speculate as to why the artist depicted the demise of USF football in this manner...

Maybe if you had one with Lucifer...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think Dan Brown covers it in one of his books

I think there is a bulluminati reference here but I don't want to go down that road.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No...what exactly did that have to do with Leavitt. Your answer could have been used for dozens of threads but had no application to the question 

Maybe if you had one with Lucifer...

He asked why continue to wallop over something for so long that isn’t going to change the answer is because CJL was fired because some foolishly thought we could easily do better and they have been woefully wrong. Something can change we can actually head in the right direction for an extended period of time and someone can actually create a better program than CJL had and I’m sure people will stop bringing it up, unfortunately we seem to almost systematically go out of our way to make sure that doesn’t happen. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He asked why continue to wallop over something for so long that isn’t going to change the answer is because CJL was fired because some foolishly thought we could easily do better and they have been woefully wrong. Something can change we can actually head in the right direction for an extended period of time and someone can actually create a better program than CJL had and I’m sure people will stop bringing it up, unfortunately we seem to almost systematically go out of our way to make sure that doesn’t happen. 

Ok that make sense now

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Because some of us are still waiting on the better we were promised. We went from the fastest rising program in college football, the one upstarts aimed to emulate to a low level program in a low level conference that spends more time in the bottom 10 than out of it while constantly changing direction while rarely heading in the right one. 

So out of the candidates that we had for our opening, knowing that Leavitt can never be an option, who would you have wanted to get the job instead of Scott? Do you truly believe any of the other realistic candidates is better suited than Coach Scott for the current USF job?

And if you say "I don't care I only want Leavitt" then that demonstrates a total disconnection from the reality of the present. 

28 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ok that make sense now

I’m not sure if it makes sense or not but it is the reason, hopefully one day we can all have something we can unite behind but 1,2,3 and 4 win seasons and getting dominated by UCF, having no marquee wins since Skip left, while winning no more AAC championships than we did BEast championships just doesn’t do it for some of us and it shouldn’t be that shocking that this past decade makes us still question if it all was worth it and what could have been.

1 minute ago, zarnozdabull said:

So out of the candidates that we had for our opening, knowing that Leavitt can never be an option, who would you have wanted to get the job instead of Scott? Do you truly believe any of the other realistic candidates is better suited than Coach Scott for the current USF job?

And if you say "I don't care I only want Leavitt" then that demonstrates a total disconnection from the reality of the present. 

I have every reason to believe that CWT would have been better suited having gone through most of the issues CJS is hopefully learning right now. CWT was a horrible hire no better suited than CJS but CWT preformed a minor miracle and pivoted from his plans and preconceived notions and I have no reason to believe that we will ever see CJS do the same.

Good plans should present positive results fairly quickly especially in bad situations and if you think you can keep heading the wrong direction to somehow end up in the right direction I’m unfortunately going to have to let you know that isn’t going to happen. The world of success is a flat earth and you have to move forward to succeed and that starts with heading the right direction as soon as possible and trying to stay that course. We have not shown to be directionally correct, we have not had our first improvement that we can develop continuous improvement with and our path seems to be one of failure.

I’m not sure that I care that he didn’t call plays before because I don’t think that really would matter if you are a CEO head coach but I do not know that most people would have delayed coming on board to stay with their former team. I doubt many people would have hired both FAU coordinators which I think really looks like a lazy solution that does not appear to be paying dividends. 

I don’t know of a single thing that anyone can come up with that makes this seem like it would be a fantastic hire. Is he known for being a great recruiter? Certainly not in Florida. Is he known for being a great X’s and O’s Coach? It doesn’t seem like it. Is he well connected to other coaches that will come with him? Clearly not since he picked up the FAU rubbish off of the curb. Has Dabo’s coaching tree had any success? Not that I’ve seen. Oh he had a coaching pedigree? How did his dad do? The only positives anyone can come up with is had a position at Clemson that was about as useful as an appendix and wasn’t filled and he knows Dabo. I would like to think anyone that was seriously being considered had something they were fantastic at and had a plan to improve based on what is this actual situation and not a let’s just turn this into Clemson pipe dream.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have every reason to believe that CWT would have been better suited having gone through most of the issues CJS is hopefully learning right now. CWT was a horrible hire no better suited than CJS but CWT preformed a minor miracle and pivoted from his plans and preconceived notions and I have no reason to believe that we will ever see CJS do the same.

Good plans should present positive results fairly quickly especially in bad situations and if you think you can keep heading the wrong direction to somehow end up in the right direction I’m unfortunately going to have to let you know that isn’t going to happen. The world of success is a flat earth and you have to move forward to succeed and that starts with heading the right direction as soon as possible and trying to stay that course. We have not shown to be directionally correct, we have not had our first improvement that we can develop continuous improvement with and our path seems to be one of failure.

I’m not sure that I care that he didn’t call plays before because I don’t think that really would matter if you are a CEO head coach but I do not know that most people would have delayed coming on board to stay with their former team. I doubt many people would have hired both FAU coordinators which I think really looks like a lazy solution that does not appear to be paying dividends. 

I don’t know of a single thing that anyone can come up with that makes this seem like it would be a fantastic hire. Is he known for being a great recruiter? Certainly not in Florida. Is he known for being a great X’s and O’s Coach? It doesn’t seem like it. Is he well connected to other coaches that will come with him? Clearly not since he picked up the FAU rubbish off of the curb. Has Dabo’s coaching tree had any success? Not that I’ve seen. Oh he had a coaching pedigree? How did his dad do? The only positives anyone can come up with is had a position at Clemson that was about as useful as an appendix and wasn’t filled and he knows Dabo. I would like to think anyone that was seriously being considered had something they were fantastic at and had a plan to improve based on what is this actual situation and not a let’s just turn this into Clemson pipe dream.

I cannot find one issue to even challenge you on, he is an entitled southern boy that never had to work for anything in his life, he was never good enough to call the plays, his daddy got him the connections and he hires the fat ass loser’s kid from Notre Dame to call his plays.  He is showing himself to be a dried up turd like his daddy, he better pull a rabbit out of his hat in recruiting or there will be pitchforks showing up at his Tampa Palms estate, or at least some grumpy old bastards chastising him on the TBP.