• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This guy gets it

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

23 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I only ate them during tailgates, whenever I ate one inside my old lady would go ape **** on the mess that I would make.  Jersey Mikes kicks Publix’s ass when it comes to Subs anyways, don’t miss them one bit.

People in Texas haven't heard of these things called plates and napkins?  Think I had a Jersey Mikes once. It was either that or Firehouse (I was at a kids birthday party years ago) and it was pretty good.  Speaking of sandwiches, we made our own Cubans last week and turned out pretty solid.  Had some left over pulled pork so bought the other ingredients to give it a try.  Pressed it in an old timey George Foreman.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

28 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

People in Texas haven't heard of these things called plates and napkins?  Think I had a Jersey Mikes once. It was either that or Firehouse (I was at a kids birthday party years ago) and it was pretty good.  Speaking of sandwiches, we made our own Cubans last week and turned out pretty solid.  Had some left over pulled pork so bought the other ingredients to give it a try.  Pressed it in an old timey George Foreman.  

I miss Cuban bread. I would love to try that with lobster... 🤔 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I miss Cuban bread. I would love to try that with lobster... 🤔 

Actually used Italian bread since we had some around but it was excellent.  I guess Cuban bread is fine but probably only eat it when I get Cuban sandwiches out or go to the Columbia (which isn't often).

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You can use a plate and napkins but the Publix Bread explodes like a broken light bulb, big difference between firehouse and Jersey Mikes, if you like a NY/NJ deli sandwich than Mikes is the chain closest to get you what you want.  Got a hold of a Cuban sandwich in Tampa before I left that went bad and shat through a straw for 3 days and have not touched one since.