• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WR Fisher Arrested

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah good idea.  However Fisher didn't.  This is tough ground to walk, and assumptions are flying everywhere.

First off, I agree this is not USF's responsibility, even if that means agreeing with a UCF fan  8).  Fisher knew his obligations, he didnt need mommy, school, or santa claus to tell him them.

Second, I think Fisher should be off the team unless he can somehow pay support while on it, including some sort of agreement (unless by some miracle the kids aren't his...in which case he's been foolish and these women have serious issues...not likely).  I'm all about second chances at times but this is going nowhere in a hurry.  Besides, you can't play football from jail, and if he keeps not paying support...

This is always a tough debate morally.  Should a mistake made in youth ruin someone's life forever?  I remember one time way back when in HS, where I was worried about this very thing myself.  I was fortunate, my mistake didn't land me in fisher's situation.  However, had it done so I'd decided then sacrifices would have to be made and my life's course would have to change, for consideration of everyone involved.

What bewilders me is that he has two children to different parents.  And he hasn't manage to do enough about it.  Not to judge him as a person, but its time that he changes actions in his own life.  To do as he has done is to imply that the lives of his children do not matter as much as his own.

........................................................................................

On a side note, I think its really crappy that if a woman lies and gets you to pay child support, and later you can PROVE she lied and did not have your child, you still have to pay it.  Our legal system wasnt supposed to reward dishonesty and/or at very least a mistaken truth while penalizing honesty or truth.  You can't demand the money back but I feel if you find out the child isnt yours, it is absolutely asinine to force the non-father to pay further.

Another problem with our legal system, and yes the government made a mistake here, is that Fisher should never have acrued 17k in debt.  After even 1 month of not paying he should have been nailed.  While he made mistakes the system practically looked the other way untill all of a sudden BOOM 17k.  Wouldn't it be better if the state got to this right away so that the kids could be...maybe actually getting money?  Just a thought.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

no vasectomies please.just better lower level education is all that is needed.the same type white children get would be fine.

bulldoug-while admitted I  am  liberal on certain issues on others i am not so quick to wear the liberal hat and on other issue it is unclear  at times.i have been know to be ocnservative on dealing with terrorists and libertarian dealing with some issues.

the common denominator is compassion for the individual(victim)

what we have here with fisher is a unique situation.do you ignore what coaches say to him and parents about being like a family ,when recruited?don't coaches and school the bring fisher to usf own him at least advice?or at least to monitor his legal situation and make a decision to help him and team?(i maintain getting arresting after running up dept of $17,000 isn't much help.

i realize fisher is an adult but usf has taken care of all his other needs that fisher has relied on them do such a great degree.

usf has a health clinic,couselors for classes and majors.do they have legal counselors?

bulldoug,i do appreciate the black/white outlook you and most have on this.

we should only  keep people locked up in jails that harm others.

fisher would best serve children and himself out of jail working.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Excellent post pdiddy... i couldn't agree more... and yes it is tough to agree with a UCF fan, but sometimes it is a must. ;)

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

Young doesn't cut it, when it comes to a situation like this.  I don't feel sorry for him for one second.  If he owed 10000 on a credit card and couldn't make payments, i'd feel bad, but owning 17000ish in child support is basically stealing food from your own children.

Hopefully these kids mom is not struggling to put food on the table... i feel bad for the kids, not fisher.

If they work something out, so be it, but the kids come first... and if he doesn't take care of them, I don't care how valuable he is/was to the Bulls.  

usf should have something in place to let their student-athletes know that they must remain within the law or pay a penalty.

USF has accepted many students with children i think it only makes sense to monitor these "child payments" issuses so you can know who will be available to play and you avoid these embarassing news reports

if the kid could not make the $117 payment then he should have been making something $ 20, 30, 50,80

what he could have afforded

my point is with some small intervention or USF's part   this negative (lose lose lose lose) situation could have been avoided

the children, the mothers, fischer and usf would have been better served if usf was proactive here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,583
  • Days Won:  29

Fisher's senior season as a BULL is a small part of his life, IMO.

I wish the best for all involved.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

No reason not to practice...I'm sure Steve Horton and others are working to clarify his position and standing with the university.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,583
  • Days Won:  29

Fisher appears to have another legal issue.

According to a Hillsborough County Clerk of the Court employee, Lynn Ryder, he was cited Feb. 21 for knowingly driving with a suspended license, a criminal charge for which there is an outstanding warrant.

Fisher could not be reached for comment.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i voted yes because  i think legal obligations must be taken care of but once they are he should immediately be reinstated.

i don't equate this with a crime.

make sense