• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WR Fisher Arrested

Guest A Female

Okay, I know this is probably weird for some of you. Yeah its a girl posting on here. Anyways....

I completely agree with MikeG.  For one, so many of you are quick to throw the rock at Brian. (Yes, I do know Brian Fisher) Oh yeah, and from a reliable source, another football player was arrested for not paying child support. Let's take a look at this situation: This player wanted to be responsible and be there for his kid, the mother would bring the child to the dorm room and he would see him and bought the child things whenever he could. One day he had to go to court and pay child support. He couldn't and he was arrested and the whole nine yards. Anyways, it turned out the kid wasn't  even his!!!

I remember in high school, how slutty girls would just throw themselves at these star football players(or any athlete). Some of them lie to the players telling them they are on the pill (and if they don't use protection, even if the guy pulls out, pre-cum can still get a girl pregnant, I am quite sure you guys know this.) I also knew lots of girls who felt that by getting with some star player, sleeping with them and getting pregnant would be a great catch. How do you know they weren't females like that. And alot of girls just wanna be with star players because they think they are gonna make it big.

Anyways, being that most of you I ASSUME are guys: IF A GIRL IS CONSTANTLY ON YOU AND THROWS HERSELF AT YOU, I AM QUITE SURE YOU GUYS WOULD TURN HER DOWN, HUH? Especially those of you who are quick to judge Brian. Another thing, how do you guys know that he even knew about this kids? Let's ASSUME (like most you) that he didn't know about these kids, so it's right to just lock him up, huh?

I agree that there must be some kind of compromise to pay these girls. But for those of you that don't know squat about paying child support. I know a man, that makes about ... maybe 30,000 a year. He has to pay about $800 a month for a 17 year old kid!!! Give me a break!! a 17 yearl old does not need this much. Oh yeah I forgot....not only are they paying for the child, but for the mom too. The court did not take into consideration that he has 4 kids with his current wife including a newborne. Is this fair?

Also, let me tell you guys something. When a female gets pregnant, income not taken into consideration, they qualify for WIC. WIC provides milk, cereal, beans, peanut butter, eggs, juice, etc. to females. Once the child is born they give them formula to feed the baby, when the child gets old enough, they once again get milk, eggs, etc. Did I mention this is FREE? Even if your boyfriend lives with you and is trying to support you. Females get WIC for 5 years. So lets see, what all does a 3 year old need?(Besides the fact that they need their father, and that is not for us to judge) Besides food, they need crap loads of diapers and baby wipes.

I don't know about you guys, but I am an engineering major. I have had an internship before, and let me tell you that engineering internships pay high compared to most of the other majors. I worked for a whole semester and saved for the next. Even with $14 bucks an hour that I made that semester, it is very hard to have any money to spare. I also, used to be a waitress, when I lived on campus, and I have scholarships by the way, it is still hard to pay your other bills and still have money to spare.

I imagine those of you that are saying "he must pay and how hard can it be? " How about you try this, save up however much Fisher has to pay out, let me know if you are super human.  Or maybe you say that cause mommy and daddy were the ones paying for your car and paying for alot of your stuff while in school. Some of us don't have the privilege. And I know for a fact these boys cannot work. FOOTBALL takes about 40 hours out of their week.

By the way me and Fisher are not good friends, i know him through someone else.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

a female- you make great arguments but they should have been made before support order was made.

once order made,brian's obligations began.

i am more sympathic towards brian than most.

USF should do everything to make sure this never happens again

Guest A FEMALE

Well, what ever I say or anyone has to say doesn't even matter. Yeah, the court order has been made and there is nothing any of us can do about it. I don't think that Brian should be kicked off the team. And the reason for my post, was just to let guys know some stuff about most females that surround these athletes, and the support they get once they are pregnant and once the baby is born.  

I do agree he should pay something towards these kids, I just think that they should work something out with him in the mean time and once he graduates, hit him up for back pay. That should make the girls really happy.

Guest Tiff@FSU

I feel bad for this guy. Here he is approaching the final year (and possibility to go to the next level) of his career and here are these females popping up from no where. Where have they been? I'm sure they knew exactly where he was and how to contact him. ALTHOUGH he should have made arrangements on his own to prevent this from occuring...what are we supposed to expect if he still doesn't have the money! Since the time I've known this fellow he has never been bling blinging and given me the reason to believe that he could make payments for a child. Yes he should of been more responsible to even protect and nothave a child in the first place BUT do you honestly feel he has the same mentality now as a senior in college then he did as a h.s. senior.....DOUBTFUL!!!.....i think we should support Brian Fisher to the fullest,and the fact that the question of him even being kicked off the team is outrageous!!!

Second,are the kids even his...i want a DNA TEST!!

I'm praying for you Brian!

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236
  • Days Won:  0

MikeG, female, its always someone elses fault.  Brian knew what he was doing, he knew he was suppose to pay and he CHOSE to ignore the issues.  Blame the girl right female.  There might be an argument there if it didn't happen twice in one year to two separate women.  I don't care how slutty the girls are, we all went through it.  Its called protection, its called condoms, its called self control.

As I said before, I don't care about Brian, the mothers or anyone one associated with this case, I care for the kids that not being supported.  Mike, you can spin it anyway you want, Brian is not supporting these kids.  Should he, yes.  I would love to see him make it in the NFL, make millions of dollars and send his two kids to private schools to become lawyers and take over mazza's practice.  But I think its obvious that no matter what Brian achieves, his children are not in his plans.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

stk- take over my practice- now your talking

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Wanna comment from a perspective stand point that knows what it is like to have a child born out of wedlock (thank God for adoption or I never would of made it to USF.) and from child support stand point who's wife had to go to the state to get money from the bio-dad.

Its called protection, its called condoms, its called self control.

STK, unless you have never had sex out of wed lock you are full of crap.  Condoms break, come off & leak all the time.  The pill doesn't work sometimes.  I know for a fact.  The woman must take it regularly, never miss & not smoke cigerettes or pot.  "Self-control"...yea right in this day & age when the President recieving oral in the Oval from interns.  ::)

I know a man, that makes about ... maybe 30,000 a year. He has to pay about $800 a month for a 17 year old kid!!! Give me a break!! a 17 yearl old does not need this much. Oh yeah I forgot....not only are they paying for the child, but for the mom too. The court did not take into consideration that he has 4 kids with his current wife including a newborne. Is this fair?

$800 is high but not unrealistic especially if he's making up unpaid child support.  I personally probably ate close to $600 in groceries a month when I was 17 considering inflation of today.  Shoes for a kid cost $75 min. for a kid.  Try & make a 17 yo wear $50 shoes.  Not happening.  Think $80 plus four times a yr not to mention $150-$200 twice a yr for clothes and thats for a boy.  Additionally, the child of this age needs grad pics $250, ring ($250-$500) and annoucem'ts $100).  Let's not even get into car insurance optical/glasses/contacts or orthodonics possibilities.  In my case the boy's father said braces were not a necessity of life.  True but whata jerk.

FWIW, my auto insurer forced my wife & I to pay nearly $3000/yr for my stepson's insurance only b/c he lived with us.  We had no option unless he turned his license in.  So who pays for this.  Just his Mom ie the stepfather he loaths?  Why does only the custodial parent have to pay these?  Your opinion here is somewhat naive if not majorly.  Another thing, FWIW, he's probably paying the Mom 'cuz he abandoned them both.  This is something a divorce lawyer could explain better than I.

FEMALE, as for your WIC comments, yes the social assistance program exists but who pays.  We do.  The tax payers.  Why should we pay for this when a prefectedly able body is available to get a job and pay for food for his child.  Fisher is capable of this regardless of his school/football situation.  I do not wanna pay for his sexual gratification results.  IMO this part of your argument is worthless in deciding if BF needs to pay child supp't before he plays football.

no vasectomies please.just better lower level education is all that is needed.the same type white children get would be fine.

bulldoug-while admitted I  am  liberal on certain issues on others i am not so quick to wear the liberal hat and on other issue it is unclear  at times.i have been know to be ocnservative on dealing with terrorists and libertarian dealing with some issues.

the common denominator is compassion for the individual(victim)

what we have here with fisher is a unique situation.do you ignore what coaches say to him and parents about being like a family ,when recruited?don't coaches and school the bring fisher to usf own him at least advice?or at least to monitor his legal situation and make a decision to help him and team?(i maintain getting arresting after running up dept of $17,000 isn't much help.

i realize fisher is an adult but usf has taken care of all his other needs that fisher has relied on them do such a great degree.

usf has a health clinic,couselors for classes and majors.do they have legal counselors?

bulldoug,i do appreciate the black/white outlook you and most have on this.

we should only  keep people locked up in jails that harm others.  fisher would best serve children and himself out of jail working.  

Smazza, I never really questioned any of your compassion just that you'd be okay the being a "big brother" 'cuz remember if the school is going to do this they should also have the right to modify behavior to manage assistance budgets.

Being told you will be treated like a family member and it actually happening are to different things.  I'm not that naive that anyone would treat me like family except Mom & Dad.  Secondly, the NCAA will not allow it.  BTW, my family is different from yours.  In my family you get a job and take responsibility for your...well, family in Brian's case.

As for your "keep people locked up in jails that harm others.", someone was being harmed...the children.  Brian either was ignorant of his responsibilities or ignoring them.  Since he was arrestted I'm gonna assume he was notified by the appropriate authorities before law enforcem't officers were req'd to get involved.

Now should BF be kicked off the team.  I say he should be suspended indefinitely until all his legal whoas are addressed.  Until then he sits b/c playing intercolliegiate sports in not a right its a privilege.  That's just my "who really gives a crap what B'Doug thinks" opinion.

Here's another one for you.  Hear about the retirees that had thier home owner's association evicted them and auctioned their home off b/c they were delinguent $150 for thier annual fee.  Nobody called them or mailed them notification of proceedings.  No shiite muslim.  Saw it on the idiot box.

Guest A FEMALE

BullDoug, Yes, I might be naive and not know everything about life. But for one, you ASSUMED so much. The man I know always kept up with child support and FYI the woman cheated on him repeatedly. He left her but still supported his kid. And by the way, she is not living in poverty... she is very well off. Also, I live with my boyfriend, which by the way is a football player, and we spend no more than $250 a month on groceries. So I guess you must have been eating stakes everyday when you were 17. And trust me my boyfriend eats ALOT. Another thing, yes, kids do need clothes and shoes, but you only need like you said about 4 pairs a year (lets say they cost $150 each). Clothes over the summer for the new school year and usually during X-mas break. If the kid shops for clothes and shoes alot more than this, then he must have some rich parents or he just feels like going on a shopping sprees whenever he feels like it. The rest is kids' "want" this, want that. I don't think it is acceptable to buy a kid some $250 shoes, unless you are living in luxury. And I do know how expensive boys clothes are... I go shopping with my boyfriend or sometimes as a gift I buy him clothes...and he is over 6' and weighs more than 250 lbs. I understand braces really are a necessity, but, class ring, and all that are not vital to life.  So I do agree with you alot on these kids needing some financial support, but on some things that you say kids need, aren't really needs, you are just trying to spoil your kid rotten with everything he "wants." Not counting Mom will be feeding, clothing, and buying crap he wants too. I don't know, maybe its because my parents never had alot and I was always fortunate for the little they could provide me with.                                                           Oh yeah, WIC, it doesn't matter whether he tries to feed them or not, she will get it REGARDLESS ( I was pregnant and they knew my boyfriend was supporting me. I am giving alot of personal info here, but its to let you see my point). And yes, it sucks we all have to pay taxes for this. My point was not too argue that Brian should not pay, my posting was to let some people know about how it is in modern life for pregnant females or single mothers. My problem is... everyone just feels the right to talk **** about Brian. I just have a problem with people being so quick to judge without knowing the boy. Yeah he screwed up.....I am quite sure we all do in some form or another. Oh, but everyone seems to cheer on a player and even go out on the field and celebrate with them when they win.  But as soon as they screw up, those same people are the first to talk crap. HOW HYPOCRITICAL!!! People need to worry about how they carry on with their own personal lives instead of pointing the finger and talking crap because obviously their trash talking is not gonna solve the situation. But hey just like they are so quick to judge, so will GOD.  SO I just wish they would shut up.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

how is cheering when someone does good, and criticizing when someone does bad hypcritical..???   i think it is anything but hypocritical!  

Anyone in the public spotlight is going to be subject to the opinions of their fans and detractors and everyone in between.  It comes with the territory, and if those people can't handle it, they are in the wrong business.  No one will shut up about a subject like this because this type of topic encites debates about morals etc and stirs up strong feelings on both sides.  If you don't want to read things like this... don't read... that is your choice.