• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WR Fisher Arrested

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

What the F is goin' on !?!?

USF WR Fisher Arrested

By BRETT McMURPHY bmcmurphy@tampatrib.com

Published: Mar 26, 2004

TAMPA - South Florida senior wide receiver Brian Fisher was arrested Monday by USF police because of outstanding warrants in Escambia County stating that Fisher owes two women nearly $17,500 in delinquent child support payments.

Fisher owes Shacondra Primm, who gave birth to Deaveon Fisher Primm on Jan. 30, 2001, $11,742 plus interest; and Sarida McWilliams, who gave birth to Khazyren McWilliams on Dec. 10, 2001, $5,744 plus interest.

Ordered by the Escambia County court in 2001 to make weekly payments of $69.50 to Primm and $48 to McWilliams until each child turns 18, Fisher has not made a payment to either woman, an Escambia County child support spokeswoman said.

Fisher graduated from Escambia County's Pensacola Pine Forest High in 2001.

USF coach Jim Leavitt said Fisher told him of the incident but had no further comment. Fisher, 21, could not be reached for comment.

USF associate athletic director Steve Horton said he was not notified by Fisher of the arrest, meaning he may have violated the school's Code of Conduct policy - failure to notify the head coach and Horton within 24 hours can result in a two-game suspension.

After Monday's arrest, the incident was referred to USF's student affairs, a USF police spokesman said. Fisher also received a Feb. 21 citation for driving with a revoked/suspended driver's license, a Hillsborough County state attorney's spokeswoman said.

Fisher was USF's most versatile player last year, starting 10 games at receiver and one at quarterback, while also returning punts.

He needs to take care of priorities ... I consider him gone.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

USF's Fisher Arrested

By JACK SHEPPARD

Published March 26, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian Fisher, USF's all-purpose football player and last year's offensive most valuable player, was arrested Monday by campus police on an outstanding warrant for delinquent child support payments.

He was transported to the Hillsborough County Jail where he was booked and released after posting $570.

According to the USF arrest report, Fisher was wanted by officials in Pensacola and was arrested at 7:53 a.m. in Parking Lot 35 on the USF campus. Fisher attended Pine Forest High School in Pensacola. As with any campus arrest, the case will be reported to Student Affairs.

He has not attended spring workouts this week, according to USF sports information director John Gerdes.

"We are continuing to look into the situation," Gerdes said, "and he will not practice until we are satisfied with the outcome."

A senior next season who has practiced at running back during spring drills, Fisher played numerous positions for the Bulls last season, including quarterback, running back and wide receiver as well as returning punts and kickoffs. He finished the season as the team's third-leading scorer and ranked fourth in rushing yards, third in passing yards, third in receiving yards, first in punt returns and second in kickoff returns.

[Last modified March 26, 2004, 01:20:43]

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

Pay your child support.   What a novel idea.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,809
  • Days Won:  22

All i got to say is if you are going to make babies you better support them. Hasnt he heard of condoms? Obviously he didnt learn after the first kid. He is an excellent athlete n could have made NFL in some form but at this rate he would have ended up paying all his salary for child support.

• Topic Count:  9,894
  • Content Count:  66,066
  • Days Won:  172

does he have a job?

has he redshirt yet?

this is  a money issue so i don't think he is gone yet.

boy is this  a good lesson for the other young men

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

its money, but its not just oweing someone for a car wash, or not paying a credit card on time...  child support is a much bigger issue

• Topic Count:  9,894
  • Content Count:  66,066
  • Days Won:  172

how is he to pay?

he is in college

the timing is BS.

i agree he is responsible and should not have not let it get out of hand.

but ruining

his career  isn't smart either.

coaching staffs need a lawyer on staff in this day in age.

the staff knows about the kids so if fiqures they know about payments or no payments.

the timing distress me

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I know what you are saying Smazz, and it make sense, but...

"how is he to pay?"

I think he should have thought of that a long time ago... he's obviously neglected the "payment plan" already, enough to accumulate a large amount of debt... to his own kids.  

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

He's most likely gone folks.  He's gotta work to pay for the kids unless he can come to an agreement with the mothers that he'll make it up after he graduates or pays double or triple in the summer for 3 1/2 months.  Mr. Fisher is up a creek w/o a paddle it appears.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

how is he to pay?

he is in college

the timing is BS.

i agree he is responsible and should not have not let it get out of hand.

but ruining

his career  isn't smart either.

coaching staffs need a lawyer on staff in this day in age.

the staff knows about the kids so if fiqures they know about payments or no payments.

the timing distress me

Better now than in the middle of the season. For a player of Fisher's experience he doesn't need Spring Ball to get any better.  What he does need is a swift kick in the ass for not taking care of his responsibilities.