• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

this is the worst usf football team

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

6 hours ago, smazza said:

(1) coach scott will turn this program around. (2) leavitt never wnet on to do anything anywhere else so (3) i dont understand the ongoing love for him.

(4) a coach cant hit a kid.

1.  Remains to be seen but I am hopeful.

2.  Factually and demonstrably untrue.  He had such subsequent success that he went to a Super Bowl and at one point was one of the highest paid college DCs in the country.

3.  You never forget your first and some of our fans are still infatuated with "what might have been."

4.  I don't know fully what happened in that locker room but I wholeheartedly agree with you on this point.  Even more so, you can't pick a fight with your bosses and the media over it when the allegations come to light.  A mea culpa can go far in this area. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, smazza said:

coach scott will turn this program around. leavitt never wnet on to do anything anywhere else so i dont understand the ongoing love for him.

a coach cant hit a kid.

What coach Leavitt did after USF is not an indicator of how well he would have done if he stayed at USF. If you couldn't see the passion that he had for this one place, I don't know what to tell you. He loved USF and he was a legendary coach for this program. There is nothing negative you can say about the time he had here outside of the brain dead decision to hit a kid. I'm not saying that he should have gone unpunished, but it was unnecessary to fire him. That's objectively why we are where we are. You're lying to yourself if you think we fall off that way with Leavitt. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

On 10/13/2020 at 7:42 AM, smazza said:

imo

i really cant think of worse usf team

All sports?  :) 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 10/29/2020 at 6:54 PM, WhoRUSF said:

What coach Leavitt did after USF is not an indicator of how well he would have done if he stayed at USF. If you couldn't see the passion that he had for this one place, I don't know what to tell you. He loved USF and he was a legendary coach for this program. There is nothing negative you can say about the time he had here outside of the brain dead decision to hit a kid. I'm not saying that he should have gone unpunished, but it was unnecessary to fire him. That's objectively why we are where we are. You're lying to yourself if you think we fall off that way with Leavitt. 

once the evidence and witnesses were gathered and it was determined to hit a student athlete the school had no choice but to fire him

leavitt had un uncontrollable ego.this led to his demise in oregon

in sports you are judged by your record. leavitt's record after usf is not stellar. he is a good defensive coordinator and he did great things at usf.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 10/29/2020 at 11:52 AM, SilverBull said:

1.  Remains to be seen but I am hopeful.

2.  Factually and demonstrably untrue.  He had such subsequent success that he went to a Super Bowl and at one point was one of the highest paid college DCs in the country.

3.  You never forget your first and some of our fans are still infatuated with "what might have been."

4.  I don't know fully what happened in that locker room but I wholeheartedly agree with you on this point.  Even more so, you can't pick a fight with your bosses and the media over it when the allegations come to light.  A mea culpa can go far in this area. 

1. of course we will have to see on this point

2. barry switzer won a super bowl. one must look at the entire body of work to come to a conclusion about one's career.being the highest paid means little when professional organizations and schools demonstarte time and time again they have more money than brains

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 hours ago, smazza said:

leavitt had un uncontrollable ego.this led to his demise in oregon

Yup he couldn't get along with Cristobal and now he's at where he's at due to his inability to grow as a person. He's a talented coach but also his own worst enemy. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

13 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yup he couldn't get along with Cristobal and now he's at where he's at due to his inability to grow as a person. He's a talented coach but also his own worst enemy. 

End of the day great coach, probably not a great person but who cares, wish we had him and people around him could shove their ego in their back pocket and enjoy the ride, but this is a foolish thought so whatever, dude still doing what he loves and getting paid handsomely, not many of us can say the same except @brybull1970 of course.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

End of the day great coach, probably not a great person but who cares, wish we had him and people around him could shove their ego in their back pocket and enjoy the ride, but this is a foolish thought so whatever, dude still doing what he loves and getting paid handsomely, not many of us can say the same except @brybull1970 of course.  

He's at FAU and basically tied up to Taggart's hip for a reason. I love CJL and appreciate what he did for USF but I have trouble calling a coach great when they have never won anything of real significance. If he was truly "great" in the results based business that is coaching he would have to more than opportunities than following CWT around. People will look the other way in coaching if you are truly great. They haven't for CJL.... 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

He's at FAU and basically tied up to Taggart's hip for a reason. I love CJL and appreciate what he did for USF but I have trouble calling a coach great when they have never won anything of real significance. If he was truly "great" in the results based business that is coaching he would have to more than opportunities than following CWT around. People will look the other way in coaching if you are truly great. They haven't for CJL.... 

it is all relative, he is great for USF, for others he is probably ass, this is the reason why we bow down to CJL, our bar is way too ******* low.  

• Like 1