• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

From Main Board - Rays

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

That's why the support is just luke warm.  The guy has been leverage the area since he bought the team.   Good news is he has allowed baseball people to do their jobs and they have had a formula for success on the field for years 

St Pete built the stadium to attract MLB and try to put themselves on the map as something other than "Tampa Bay"

I lived there and remember, almost got the Giants.  The stadium sucks, location sucks and team will depart eventually because it is unsustainable.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Yes he is as is the majority of the country.   Best team in baseball had to play in the afternoon so the spankees could have prime time in the WC round.  Yankees favored in this series and folks act surprised we aren't blown out 3 in a row.

He's rooting for the Rays because he's a red sux fan not because he thinks they will win

No doubt I am hoping they beat the Yankees. As for the remainder of the playoffs I do hope the Rays win as I support my buds in Tampa who have not had the experience. But yeah, it’s not like Rays are my team so if they lose I won’t be losing much sleep. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I lived there and remember, almost got the Giants.  The stadium sucks, location sucks and team will depart eventually because it is unsustainable.

No doubt.  Remember flying to Sacramento for a baseball tournament wearing "Tampa Bay Giants" shirts ... whoops.

It's time for billionaire owners to start footing the bill for these palatial stadiums that they make a fortune off of.  

Interestingly enough someone clown tweeted out today that Tampa will break ground on a new retractable roof stadium in 2 years.  It's been denied by officials

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You can be furious all you want but nobody would blame them from leaving, bad stadium, bad location, outdated stadium coupled with snowbirds back up north during the season.  The same reason why the Bolts enjoy great attendance, better location, nice stadium and snowbirds are in town during the season.  Whoever did the research to build a baseball stadium in downtown St. Pete and thought it was a good idea should be shot, they will leave only question is when.

I actually will eventually leave unless Sternberg and the city of Tampa van figure something out....no not St. Pete.

But right now with Covid and the economy, nothing is going to get done in Tampa or any other city for that matter any time soon.

5-2

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

No doubt.  Remember flying to Sacramento for a baseball tournament wearing "Tampa Bay Giants" shirts ... whoops.

It's time for billionaire owners to start footing the bill for these palatial stadiums that they make a fortune off of.  

Interestingly enough someone clown tweeted out today that Tampa will break ground on a new retractable roof stadium in 2 years.  It's been denied by officials

I remember the Illinois legislature sending a box full of dirty socks to the group trying to lure the Black Sox. Pretty creative at that time. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Beautiful....

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Nevermind ... this Curtis clown is back on the bump